• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom cintiq pen pressure broken (again) after Photoshop 21.2.2 update on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after windows 10 updated or was it Photoshop 21.2.2 the tradional loss of pen pressure appeared again while drawing on my wacom cintiq. Latest drivers installed, deleted ps prefs and got no improvement in PS 21.2.2.

Tried PS 20.0.10 and in thi sversion wacom pen pressure is back again ...

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with the Pen pressure in Photoshop.

Please try enabling the option for Windows Ink in the Wacom drivers. Also, if you have created the PSuserconfig file, please remove the file and then restart the machine to check if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem and although enabling the windows ink and removing the PSUserConfig file solves the pen pressure sensitivity problem, the delay in picking up colors (alt clicking) returns which is the reason why we disabled windows ink and added PSUserConfig in the first place.

The funny thing is, before the photoshop update, when everything is working, windows will have an update, photoshop mess up, somehow settings are changed and then you can't make photoshop work properly with any settings you try, then comes the photoshop update so you got to try that update instead. It seems that we have to be the tester for that update. This scenario(reinstalling or installing or uninstalling, trying out settings trying out versions, rebooting the machine again, and again) takes a lot of time that could have been allotted to finish projects/works. It's already giving us stress and anxiety, to be honest. Imagine if people ask what's the reason behind your anxiety..you answer Windows and Adobe Photoshop. This is not a rant this is just the truth I experience. I just hope we could use Photoshop continuously without any problem.

Maybe I'm just gonna quote this to give emphasis:

"Although enabling the windows ink and removing the PSUserConfig file solves the pen pressure sensitivity problem, the delay in picking up colors (alt clicking) returns which is the reason why we disabled windows ink and added PSUserConfig in the first place."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, I just rolled back until the crashing issues are sorted out and Adobe figures away to get rid the alt key pop ups. This update even killed APassistant which would disable the alt key pop ups while using a tablet. 

I lost of time yesterday redoing work because of crashes, and I save often! I usually don't update right awat but I thought this version would fix the panning issues I've been having. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.1016) freshly updated.  After updating to Photoshop 21.2.2 pen sensitivity was broken.  The PSUserConfig hack was already in place.  Using Windows Ink is simply not an option as myself and many others have attested that it breaks compaitibility with one of the industry leaders in graphics pen/tablet technologies.  It isn't always about pen sensitivity, but workflow.

Even with Windows Ink enabled sensitivity was not restored for me which seems to make this more of a PS bug than anything.  After enabling Windows Ink I noticed, along with so many other users, issues with lagging, skipping, jitter, brush incompatibility, angle, zoom features, pen click problems (including some not working at all and others forcing you to switch back to using a mouse).  "Use Windows Ink" is not a fix.

My fix was to simply roll back photoshop to 21.2.1 and magically my wacom was working properly again with Photoshop.  This is most likely due to the PSUserConfig hack being recognized by the previous minor version.  However, I have found this to be a very frequent issue with Photoshop updates.  Often when a major upgrade happens and the user settings are switched to a different folder excluding the PSUserConfig.txt file. And after countless times of seeing posts like this "Use Windows Ink" still seems to come out despite the fact that it is buggy and does not work.  The worst case scenario is you offer the PSUserConfig.txt settings so that we can at least, as the paying users, have a way to set up our software to work with our pen/tablets the way we want to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wanted to pass on some info about the skipping.  I have found that when the skipping starts, if I hold the pen upright to do away with the tilt, then the skipping stops and I can keep drawing.  If I do not hold it upright, then it keeps skipping.

So, there are times I would like to turn the tilt aspect off to see if this solves the problem.

Is this an option anywhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines