Highlighted

Wacom Cintiq Pen Pressure lost after updating to PS 21.2.2

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSUserconfig.txt does not work anymore and the only other fix I found that worked so far is re-activating Windows Ink.

I have a problem with Windows Ink because it is buggy and this is not really a solution.

Any suggestions on how to fix  this? 

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Wacom Cintiq Pen Pressure lost after updating to PS 21.2.2

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSUserconfig.txt does not work anymore and the only other fix I found that worked so far is re-activating Windows Ink.

I have a problem with Windows Ink because it is buggy and this is not really a solution.

Any suggestions on how to fix  this? 

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest versions are designed to work with Windows Ink and Adobe have made improvements in that area, many of the old bugs have been addressed. I've used Windows Ink here for the last year.

For anyone else reading, remove the PSUserConfig.txt file and in Wacom tablet properties check Windows Ink.

Dave

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows ink works but all sliders become as laggy as they are in the Lightroom.

Day and night difference when compared to previous version of PS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Just to be fair, I tried using Windows Ink like you suggested but it hasn't been a great experience for me for the last 3 days. Like what juke99 said, it is very laggy and there are annoying UIs popping out whenever I press alt or ctrl or shift. I am reverting back to 21.2.1 until I can use wintab again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0
davescm LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't assume that Wintab will return. If you are experiencing issues with Windows Ink , or can describe exactly what Wintab allows that Windows Ink currently does not then you can raise it with Adobe developers at the link below:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2020 0