• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Intuos/pen windows 10 button click and drag issue

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a very annoying issue with the wacom pen on windows 10.

One of my pen buttons is set to pick existing color from the canvas. But every time I click and drag holding the pen button, I experience an initial drag.

So the color is sampled first time which I click on the canvas (holding the button). But when I drag the pen to sample adjacent color it does not pick the new color. Only after significant movement it starts to sample new color as I move the pen.

Hope this was clear. Appreciate any help on this as this becomes very annoying to work with.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Hi there, try this, if it's not working 100% let me know.

Wacom Tablet Properties - Mapping - Untick "Use Windows Ink"

Cheers,
Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bhupen,

As you're experience a click / drag issue with the wacom pen, could you please let us know which version of Photoshop you're working?

Could you please check and make sure that you're using the latest version of wacom drivers?

Also, if there are any pending windows updates please install them.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using 19.1.5

All drivers/windows are updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, try this, if it's not working 100% let me know.

Cheers,
Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped. But when I reopened Photoshop, it lost pen pressure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. This works for me.  this feature and the annoying circles from windows os should be turned off by default i dont really know how many people will use it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now under 'Calibrate' (instead of 'Mapping'), for anyone looking now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  This has been a plague to me for a while now.  Easy solution that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a Windows Ink issue with the Wacom driver.  It doesn't like to get along with Windows 10 and Photoshop.  A lot of issues in the past few months

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100 thumbs up.  "Upgraded" from an Intuos 2 to Pro and it was driving me nuts till I fount this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMFG Thank you Martin! I'm a video editor using premiere who recently switched to PC from mac. Tablet worked fine on the mac but this was driving me f ing mad, unticking the windows ink box worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! im having this issue, I cannot drag when I press the pen in my tablet.

I unticked the "Use windows ink"

I have a Intuos M tablet CTH-680 / Windows 10 / All updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was having the same problem in google chrome,  I couldn't select any text neither drag a tab out to be a window.

I'm adding this because with older wacoms (I have a Wacom Bamboo CTH-470) the route is a bit different

Wacom preferences/Pen/Tracking/Pen Mode/Mapping

and there disable "Use Windows ink"

If after that you loose the pen pressure in Photoshop, here are the instructions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf8IOQF3BC0

Solution: Chrome and Wacom issue

One more thing, if you are doing a right click and you get a circle and everything is stuck in your PC cause you can't select a thing, here are the instructions to fix that error:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZkWMneKiuo

Wacom - Annoying Right Click Circle - Windows 10 Solution

I'm just adding everything in this post cause all those problems come together, hope that's helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same post just corrected (please delete the former one)

Hi, I was having the same problem in google chrome, I couldn't select any text neither drag a tab out to be a window.

I'm adding this because with older wacoms (I have a Wacom Bamboo CTH-470) the route is a bit different

Wacom preferences/Pen/Tracking/Pen Mode/Mapping

and there disable "Use Windows ink"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6SFw7A_Uok 
Solution: Chrome and Wacom issue

If after that you loose the pen pressure in Photoshop, here are the instructions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf8IOQF3BC0 
How to FIX Pen Pressure not working in Adobe Photoshop | Works in Every version of Adobe Photoshop

One more thing, if you are doing a right click and you get a circle and everything is stuck in your PC cause you can't select a thing, here are the instructions to fix that error:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZkWMneKiuo 

Wacom - Annoying Right Click Circle - Windows 10 Solution

I'm just adding everything in this post cause all those problems come together, hope that's helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!! Very helpful post!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SWEET JESUS thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines