Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Intuos Pro Pen Issues in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

New to this forum but I have used Adobe products for a long time and received my Bachelor's Degree already. This drawing tablet I've had for quite some years but haven't used it as much until recent. I am getting heavily into digital painting/drawing and decided to pick this up, and I am on my second drawing now.

My issue is that sometimes (not sure exactly what causes it, if I pushed something, etc.) when I draw and have the brush tool selected and use the pen to draw, it treats it as an eyedropper tool even though the brush tool is selected.

I also noticed that if I clicked on a tool to the left (such as eraser tool) it'd switch to the background eraser tool as if you were to click it with a mouse while holding down option, so it feels like it's somehow set to auto-option for some reason. But that doesn't explain the eyedropper setting.

Please can somebody help me. I tried reaching out to Wacom, they couldn't help and I have not found anything online relating to this besides those that mentioned it messing up and moving the art around (and they only supplied help to those with Windows).

This is very stressful as I hate wasting time and not being able to get my Art completed. As a side note, I am using a MacBook Pro.

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AlonzoB,

We're really sorry for all the hassle. Could you please let us know the exact version of Photoshop you are using now?

Also, you need to customize the Wacom pen settings as required, please refer the below article & discussion to fix this issue.

https://community.wacom.com/inspiration/blog/2015/may/pen-pusher-pride-customizing-your-wacom-pen-se...

brush becomes eyedropper

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm using Photoshop CC. It works but then randomly does that occasionally for some reason. Not sure if I accidentally click something as I'm drawing or if a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sound like you on a mac for you wrote about holding down option.    Modifier keys like CMD, Option, Shift and space bar can chang the way tools and features work and can also change Photoshop cursor.   Is there any chance your keyboard is having problems? The option key when use with the brush tool active changes to the Eyedropper tool to allow you to select colors on your canvas as the brush paint color.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not with my keyboard as far as I'm concerned because it works perfectly when I go back to using my mousepad even if the tablet is connected, so sounds like either a bug or for some reason the tablet is detecting me using Option when it isn't being used every time I go to click something in Photoshop.

And yes, I am using a Mac JJMack​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alonzo_B  wrote

Any other suggestions?

I don't suppose you have another pen you could try?   I am on my third pen, and the other two died with rocker switch issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can anyone please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your tablet work with other applications? Have you reset your Photoshop  preferences and Photoshop tools. Have you removed your Wacom prefences and started with default settings?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this same problem two years from this message. Did you solve it? Please let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines