• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Intuos Pro touch features in photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I own the pth-851, which is the older version of the tablet. So, the touch features work perfectly smooth when I use them on corel painter and autodesk sketchbook. I can zoom in, zoom out, rotate and drag the canvas as smoothly as the ipad with procreate. But in photoshop it's REALLY clunky. The zoom feature is workable, but the rotation feature is very rough, it just does not work.

I've tried searching for a solution, but I didn't find any. I was wondering if there may be an extension that fixes this or anything I can do to make it work better. I'd really like to draw and paint on photoshop, but I'm so used to my iPad and how smooth it is that right now it just seems impossible to switch.

Also, I would like to know if this is an issue exclusive from the intuos pro or the cintiq touch also have this problem.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know it's an old post but this is the most recent post I could find that mentions the same issue I'm frustrated by. Like Carmuhn I have an Intuos Pro (latest model though) and smooth intuitive touch controls work perfectly for me in other apps such as Sketchbook. On my work computer, an MS Surface Pro, touch controls perfectly as Photoshop does support them, just not with non-display tablets like the Intuos for some reason. Even the crappy macro-based touch controls that are given are poorly configured—for example, rotating my fingers 360 degrees only gives me about a 90 degree rotation in the image. It's terribly implemented to the point of being useless, and I'm so frustrated that proper touch control is obviously available and is already implemented for other devices, yet this crucial feature is absent for my device for no good reason.

Adobe really needs to fix this (please do!!!) as it's completely absurd that in 2022, the world's most famous industry-standard image editing software is incompatible with the world's most famous industry standard pen tablets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines