Highlighted

Wacom issues in new PS versions

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all I must say that I love Photoshop. I am using it since 1993 and I've had fun with it - even though many things still don't work properly.

I have noticed a very annoying problem with the PS Update from June:
Changing the brush size in liquify didn't work anymore with my Wacom pen and that did really annoy me.
Since yesterday that problem is gone in liquify BUT pen pressure is not working anymore PLUS the PSUserconfig.txt trick (I still can't believe I have to use such a way to be able to work like a pro) does not work anymore.
I have paid a lot of money for Adobe software and I insist on working software (especially for all that money I pay since many years).

It's 2020 and we still have not all functions in 16 bit files (not to mention 32 bit [HDRi]) PLUS we have to suffer from bad programming and perfomance issues.
No wonder that people jump over to Affinity (even though it's not really an alternative for me).

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Wacom issues in new PS versions

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all I must say that I love Photoshop. I am using it since 1993 and I've had fun with it - even though many things still don't work properly.

I have noticed a very annoying problem with the PS Update from June:
Changing the brush size in liquify didn't work anymore with my Wacom pen and that did really annoy me.
Since yesterday that problem is gone in liquify BUT pen pressure is not working anymore PLUS the PSUserconfig.txt trick (I still can't believe I have to use such a way to be able to work like a pro) does not work anymore.
I have paid a lot of money for Adobe software and I insist on working software (especially for all that money I pay since many years).

It's 2020 and we still have not all functions in 16 bit files (not to mention 32 bit [HDRi]) PLUS we have to suffer from bad programming and perfomance issues.
No wonder that people jump over to Affinity (even though it's not really an alternative for me).

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also while i m painting and change color the brush sudenly doesnt work

also while i m just painting it does the same iritating thing 

will they fix this already?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version is designed to use Windows Ink. So delete the PSUserConfig.txt file and enable Windows Ink in your tablet properties.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx for your feedback, Dave.

Unfortunately that doesn't work for me. I have tried it immediately.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it does not work for you. You should report that to Adobe over in Adobe's photoshop family site.   Dave and I can tell you it work well on our machines.  You need to find out why is does not work on yours.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also used to use Wintab in older versions of Photoshop.  But in v21.x.x I use Windows Ink without issues.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case the sliders will become to lag. Windows Ink uses around 30px deadzone. It was the stupiest idea from Photoshop team to switch to Windows Ink. And also I cannot login to https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family - one more buggy site from adobe. I have to revert to older Photoshop version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We dudes do not work for Adobe why shame on us. Adobe Broke Photoshop Wintab Support in version 20.1 we did not.   If you try to use PSUserConfog.txt and set you Wacom driver not to use INK you pen use will be flaky. Dude

If you have been using Photoshop you from 1993 Photoshop 3 time frame you should know by now what to expects from Adobe support and know  you need to have more than one version of Photoshop installed so you can get your work done.

You need to be able to work around Adobe Photoshop bugs Adobe will not fix all reported bugs....

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems I thought people from Adobe were adressed when we write in the forum. Sorry 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the software versions setting that work for me.

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have CS3, CS6, CC 2014, CC2018 and CC 2019 installed. In those PS versions I use WinTab support.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Largo LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx, Sir.
I have decided to step back 1 version before the most recent update.
I can live with the problem in liquify.
My settings are pretty much like yours.
I wonder how stupid Photoshop acts when not using a Wacom but a tablet from another brand...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0