Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Pen Pressure working irregularly

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

When I use my wacom pen the pen strokes will randomly ignore the pen-pressure. At one or multiple turns the pen-pressure will work as normal and all of a sudden I will get this abnormally thick and ugly stroke displayed in all its inelegance. What I've noticed is that the little visual preview-thing in the bottom of the brush settings window will display the brush with and without a pen-pressure effect in direct reference to whatever the current pen-stroke looks like (as seen in the images below).

When the pen-pressure works like normal...When the pen-pressure works like normal...

...and when it doesn't....and when it doesn't.

I've tried installing, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and all that stuff (both wacom and for my graphics card). I've also tried countless solutions for problems similar to this one with the only one working being the text document-fix; meaning shoving in a PSUserConfig.txt with the line UseSystemStylus 0 in the photoshop settings folder. The only problem is that the line UseSystemStylus 0 makes the pen operate extremly laggy. So I'm obviously not a superfan of that solution.

My device is the Wacom Bamboo CTH-470 and I'm super happy and grateful for any type of help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Top brush shaped dynamics setting show that Photoshop see you have a Pen there is no warning triangle in front of control. The bottom one shows the Photoshop does not see that you have a pen there is a warning triangle.  If you are using Windows 10 with Photoshop 21.1.1 and have configured your Wacom tablet not to use Window INK and have added a PSUserConfig.txt to you Photoshop 21.1.1 preferences not to use Windows INK. you have a problem.  Adobe broke Photoshop WinTab support in version 21.1.0 and dd not fix it in 21.1.1.  If you want to use wintab because of some problem with Windows INK you need to reinstall 21.0.3 version of Photoshop. Backup you Photoshop preferences first. The reinstall of 21.0.3 will rest Photoshop preferences.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, JJMack! I'll try just that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines