Highlighted

wacom tablet dont working again...

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since the new update my wacom tablet pressure doesnt work, i reinstall a version before and still dont work, and also it delete all my workspace, brushes, presets etc... [Profanity removed]... ADOBE [Profanity removed]... i try with other programs and the pressure its ok ... 
im running the 21.2.2 ver on a windows 10 system. with wacom intuos pro, and a wacome cintiq wx

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

wacom tablet dont working again...

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since the new update my wacom tablet pressure doesnt work, i reinstall a version before and still dont work, and also it delete all my workspace, brushes, presets etc... [Profanity removed]... ADOBE [Profanity removed]... i try with other programs and the pressure its ok ... 
im running the 21.2.2 ver on a windows 10 system. with wacom intuos pro, and a wacome cintiq wx

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you were previously using Wintab then, to get pen pressure,  you need to use Windows Ink with v21.2.2. To do that:

1. In your tablet properties check Windows Ink , and if it is setable by application make sure it is enabled for Photoshop

2. If you previously used PSUserConfig.txt to force the use of Wintab then remove that file

3. Close and restart Photoshop

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I regret that Adobe didn't inform customers of the problems and solutions with Wacom tablet/Windows Ink during the releases. 
I spent a day finding the solution when switching to Photoshop 2020, and half a day with this new release.
What a waste of time...And I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Adobe Photosgop Pen Support is broke.  Regress to PS 21.0.3.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue happened to me. Windows Ink is not a solution as it invites a multitude of new problems.

Roll back to your previous version of Photoshop, but backup your preferences (including brushes etc) before doing so.

I am waiting for Adobe to fix the issue or I'll be buying a different brand tablet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known bug in the latest version. Adobe is working to fix it.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-pen-tablet-windows-ink

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There no Acknowledge or in Progress Tag in that thread on Adobe feedback site how can you write Adobe is working on the problem.  By default bug report get tagged with PROBLEM

image.png

Some get a response from Adobe marked official. You normally do not want to see them for Adobe will state that the way it is.

Other bug reports will have their Problem tag changed to Not a Problem,  Solved, Acknowledge or in Progress.    Acknowledge seem to State Adobe can reproduce the issue that its a problem perhaps Adobe may fix it some day I have received e-mails stating that.   However, Adobe may not I have report bugs in CS2 that were Acknowledge  and the bug hangs in there it still in 21.2.2.

Bugs marked in Progress have no time schedule for the fix.  Perhaps some day some may be fixed. However, some of the bugs marked in progress have been in progress 9 years.  I think Adobe may have purged older reports.

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0