• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Waiting for Libraries freezes photoshop

Contributor ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just made a swatch and tried to save it. As soon as I clicked save swatch, the "waiting for libraries" dialogue box popped up and won't go away. The whole program is frozen. I can't even command-tab out of the program to get anywhere else. I had to go up into the apple menu and find safari as a "recent item" in order to type this message. The progress bar has filled up, but the dialogue box won't go away.

I hope someone fixes this glitch. This is the second time this has happened to me and all I know to do is force quit and lose all my work in the file I'm working on. 😞

~ Sarah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Aug 11, 2016 Aug 11, 2016

Hi,

I had the same problem.

Mine had 1000 objects, maybe it's the limit per library (but i'm not sure)

Try to create another library and see if it works

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, happens every time i close Photoshop.

Additionally, I can't get any edits to items in creative cloud libraries to save. pretty frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2016 Aug 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had the same problem.

Mine had 1000 objects, maybe it's the limit per library (but i'm not sure)

Try to create another library and see if it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2016 Oct 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the hell is nobody at Adobe reading these posts and answering them?

FFS, the monthly costs are incredible. Fix up.

I always call Adobe (in the UK) and get them to fix this remotely via screen share. It's a bug, and they know how to fix it.
But, it keeps happening, and they close at 7pm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too. Merely trying to add a swatch freezes Photoshop and I have to force-quit. Every time. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original post seems to have been marked as "answered", but I don't agree that the answer marked as "correct" is correct. I've only saved a handful of swatches in my library, so it can't be that issue, at least not on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine does the same thing and if I quit out I loose what I was doing. When you smart objects with illustrator when you edit in photoshop you are meant to double click on smart objects and it takes you back to the illustrator page so you can edit. If this function doesnt work it makes it time consuming.

what to do. also crashes when i make new swatches.....grrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....grrr

same here. There is a library close by if I needed one. Illustrator and Photoshop used to work together fine before I was forced to use all these unnecessary (for me) add-ons. I still use old Illustrator to copypaste vectors to Powerpoint. Maybe the new Illustrator also works for that but haven´t figured out yet how. But hey, sometimes the stop button works on the Waiting for Libraries window – usually not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, it was simply because I wasn't logged in to Creative Cloud. I'm usually automatically logged in at startup, but sometimes not; don't know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's SO DUMB that 5 years later and this is STILL an issue in Photoshop!!!  Come on Adobe, fix this already.  This is a horrible UX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem May 2021 on Adobe Photoshop CC - with the most updated version available. I swear, Adobe only created 'community forums' to save on actual tech support for their bug-ridden product and so we ineffectively vent our frustrations here to one another rather than to them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Folks same i encounter this kind of problem. So i decide to find answer with my own. And Happilky says i found the answer for this kind of Problem.

If you intend to paste an image from Illustrator/ select Pixel Instead smart Object Thats it! Thank you XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that this works is not a "fix". This problem is OLD and obviously they don't really care. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

almost a decade later, i came here looking for an answer to this issue, they still haven't fixed as of February 2024!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines