Highlighted

Wallpaper Groups plug in for Photoshop

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a Photoshop Plug In that will let me make a recurring pattern from an image based on the 17 possible 2 dimensional patterns on a planar surface.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to, Make It

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Wallpaper Groups plug in for Photoshop

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a Photoshop Plug In that will let me make a recurring pattern from an image based on the 17 possible 2 dimensional patterns on a planar surface.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to, Make It

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Creepyman. 

What do you want to use the pattern for, and how much of the original image do you want to keep?

You know about "pattern making" using default Photoshop selection? -> https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-patterns.html

and https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generate-pattern-using-pattern-maker.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. At one time there was a plug in for photoshop which allowed you to create patterns with these parameters:

https://mathworld.wolfram.com/WallpaperGroups.html

The pattern maker as it is in photoshop is somewhat limited. I was hoping the plug in was still around but I haven't been able to find it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you elaborate? 

Have you checked out the Library Pattern creation freatures (»Create from image«)? 

Screenshot 2020-10-15 at 08.46.00.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. That's very helpful but it limits you to point groups where you are rotating the image around a fixed point, or a simple repetition of the pattern like a p2 symmetry group in the above linked example.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying, friends. I tracked it down:

https://www.filterforge.com/filters/13366.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you elaborate on what kind of pattering you want to achieve? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Symmetry Fill.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To make it easier: Winkelmann’s screenshot shows a Script option from the Fill dialog. 

Screenshot 2020-10-15 at 16.41.00.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thanks much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it was Tom Winkelmann that pointed Scripted Patterns out, I hadn’t thought of it for this. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 1