Highlighted

WARNING...DO NOT UPDATE TO PHOTOSHOP 21.2 !!!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 21.2 is a huge disappointment update, if you're considering to update, please think twice.

i had discovered so much error right away when using it and not to mention the old issue hasn't been fixed at all, on top of that there's more error adding in.

There's too much of problem and I'm tired to mention them. one of the most obvious NEW problems is the layer visible on/off (the eye icon), it somehow still display the layer even though you turned off visible, or if you trying to move the layer object around, it will create a duplicate illusion effect but in fact, it's not a duplicate layer.

The even worst thing is, when i tried to downgrade back to v 21.1.3 , all my short cut keys and preset ALL GONE...I HAVE TO RESET THE WHOLE THING AGAIN....!!!!!

how could this happen to recent update.? i have completely lost hope for adobe..also I will never ever wanted to update to any new version again.

PS:  To those who work for Adobe update for Photoshop, if you have no passion on what you do, please quit your job before you bring more trouble to others.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

WARNING...DO NOT UPDATE TO PHOTOSHOP 21.2 !!!

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 21.2 is a huge disappointment update, if you're considering to update, please think twice.

i had discovered so much error right away when using it and not to mention the old issue hasn't been fixed at all, on top of that there's more error adding in.

There's too much of problem and I'm tired to mention them. one of the most obvious NEW problems is the layer visible on/off (the eye icon), it somehow still display the layer even though you turned off visible, or if you trying to move the layer object around, it will create a duplicate illusion effect but in fact, it's not a duplicate layer.

The even worst thing is, when i tried to downgrade back to v 21.1.3 , all my short cut keys and preset ALL GONE...I HAVE TO RESET THE WHOLE THING AGAIN....!!!!!

how could this happen to recent update.? i have completely lost hope for adobe..also I will never ever wanted to update to any new version again.

PS:  To those who work for Adobe update for Photoshop, if you have no passion on what you do, please quit your job before you bring more trouble to others.

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 20, 2020 14
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!   This release is not up to Adobe standards.   I have had to abandon it for DXO Photolab.  I don't have time to solve all the problems with it.   I'll use another system until Adobe decides that quality should be their goal.   I can't imagine what they were thinking with this release.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 4
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Camera Raw - the interface is really poor.
In the past the tool buttons were along the top in dead space . However generally one got to the tools using shortcuts so there presence there did no harm. Now they are down hte RHS which has pushed the edit panels into good viewing space.
Also instead of accessing hte edit panels by a row of cross buttons, the edit panels are now stacked vertically down the RHS- which simply cramps and clutters what was a simple uncluttered and easy to use workspace. You end up with a visual mess  - (a keyboard shortcut would be useful for each panel BTW)
Worst - You used to  be able with most adjustment panels - say a brush, to be able to click on a + or - icon, and that would reset the adjustment and give you a useful preset amount all in one. I can't find those icons, so what was a simple thing one click operation has now become a 4-5 click operation - click the reset button, then highlight the slider you want ot use, then drag a slider or press an up or down arrow, or press shift up or down.  Just endlessly irritating, and amateur.
Is this because they want it to look like Lightroom - which is such an inferior and less powerful product than PS? Perhaps LR should have been made to look like ACR.
Come on, lets get these facilites back ASP, to speed up everyone's workflow. Get the +/- icons back, get the panels at the top crossways to free up panel space, and lets get all unclutttered and professional. You use most of the new facilties less often - the brushes with their icons you use regualry - all the time, so the workflow has slowed down hugely.

Alternatively give a choice of the new interface, or being able to use the old panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 4
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe Camera Raw - the interface is really poor."

I can't work in it now. It looks awful!! Really bad user interface!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe asks what would make Lightroom better, I always ask for Lightroom local adjustments to work like the camera raw adjustments, which were SO MUCH FASTER and easier to use. It was a huge shock to open camera raw and find that one of the most time-effective tools in my initial workflow is no longer effective. Thanks for explaining the problem so exactly: 

"Worst - You used to  be able with most adjustment panels - say a brush, to be able to click on a + or - icon, and that would reset the adjustment and give you a useful preset amount all in one. I can't find those icons, so what was a simple thing one click operation has now become a 4-5 click operation - click the reset button, then highlight the slider you want ot use, then drag a slider or press an up or down arrow, or press shift up or down.  Just endlessly irritating, and amateur."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2020 2
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

**EDIT** Replied to the wrong comment.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1. Camera RAW now looks like sh*t. It has really but UX, just like Lightroom. 
Previously, Lightroom and CameraRAW had a different design, and I liked it. Now they have ruined everything and you can’t even cancel it !!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version is your OS?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround is to make sure "Legacy Compositing" under Preferences > Performance is unchecked. It's usually unchecked by default but this is what fixed that issue for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As well as the other bugs in this update it also renders old GPU's useless

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/bug-in-photoshop-version-21-2-not-detecting-o...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0