Highlighted

Watercolor artist questions

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running PS2020.  Installed the Watercolor Artist program successfully (I think) and was able to get through the first stage, where the program creates a watercolor of my image.  My issues 1) prior to running the program, I don't see what tutorials say I should which is my original image and a copy called focus.  What I see is a copy of my original image and the program seems to run fine.  2) after the initial run, I do not get the menu that allows me to adjust the image provided by the program.  What could be causing this issue?  I have followed the instructions for installing the program for PS2020.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Watercolor artist questions

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running PS2020.  Installed the Watercolor Artist program successfully (I think) and was able to get through the first stage, where the program creates a watercolor of my image.  My issues 1) prior to running the program, I don't see what tutorials say I should which is my original image and a copy called focus.  What I see is a copy of my original image and the program seems to run fine.  2) after the initial run, I do not get the menu that allows me to adjust the image provided by the program.  What could be causing this issue?  I have followed the instructions for installing the program for PS2020.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with those actions/presets, sorry.

Did you read the updated documentation for PS 2020?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/62ualeqm3xf6hyw/Watercolor%20Artist%20-%20Guide%202020%20Update.pdf?dl=0

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I used the updated documentation to upload the program. I'm sure it's
a setting, or perhaps I should uninstall and try again?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is it this? Or something else?

https://create.adobe.com/2019/3/20/transform_photos_int.html

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is the program. And yes, I did open and follow the new guide for
PS2020

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If no one answers tonight, I can look in the morning. Did you watch the videos at that link?

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I could figure out how to upload screen shots, I think my issues would be more clear.  Can you tell me how to add screen shots of what I'm seeing to this reply please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I watched the videos.  The sound quality is very poor, but I was able to follow along.  Everything was going swimmingly until I didn't see what the video was showing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your first question was on the layer called "focus". You should get that when you run the first action called "SETUP". Here's what that does.

jane-e_0-1602514050881.png

You will then get this message box:

jane-e_1-1602514120329.png

And your Layers panel should look like this:

jane-e_2-1602514163015.png

Did it work up to this step when you ran the SETUP action?

If not:

• Go to Image > Image Size and post a screen shot of the Width and Height in pixels
  • Confirm that the Watercolor Artist Brushes are in the Brushes panel
    jane-e_3-1602514291039.png

• Confirm that the Watercolor Artist Patterns are in the Pattern panel
    jane-e_5-1602514416961.png

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add screen shots, use the Insert Photos button (mountain and sun) in the Reply window.

~ Jane

jane-e_0-1602520483692.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

You are correct, the first problem is that I do not get the two layers - focus and background.  I have confirmed that the images I was using are a correct size for the program and that brushes and patterns are installed.  Here is an image of what I see instead.Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 9.56.03 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Deb League ,

That's what my History panel says at this point, too. Can you show your layers panel (Window menu)?

~ Jane

jane-e_0-1602524262944.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um, embarrassing, my layers panel was turned off, Ugh!  Sorry to waste your time, but honestly, if we hadn't chatted I would not have discovered the issue, so thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
jane-e LATEST
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, and I would not have known about this Watercolor Artist feature, so win-win, @Deb League ! 😊

Also, I need to give photo credit for the image I used to @davescm for this week's photo challenge.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/something-for-the-weekend-part-114-drinking-fountain/m-p/11...

Cheers,

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0