Highlighted

Welcome to Camera Raw screen blocks PS, can't close it, PS won't close from taskbar

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to Camera Raw screen blocks PS, can't close it, PS won't close from taskbar

I am on windows 10 17" laptop, using CC most recent

I was opening my recent files which included 2 camera raw images. This stupid welcome screen to camera raw pops of and will not close and I cannot see around it. Nothing is active on the Welcome to Camera Raw screen.

And I cannot minimize the welcome screen or access PS or anything that lies underneath it. There may be some sort of notification that I have to close but if so, it is underneath and I cannot get to it.

Here is an Screen shot.

Can someone tell me how to bypass the welcome screen for camera raw? I see the Camera Raw app underneath this welcome screen the correct size but cannot get this welcome screen to close

for some reason or another my jpeg will not insert.

Thank you,

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by JJMack | Most Valuable Participant

I believe you only get that welcome screen the first time you use Adobe Camer Raw or install ACR. It goes away when you click on its lets get started button never to be seen again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on windows 10 17" laptop, using CC most recent

I was opening my recent files which included 2 camera raw images. This stupid welcome screen to camera raw pops of and will not close and I cannot see around it. Nothing is active on the Welcome to Camera Raw screen.

And I cannot minimize the welcome screen or access PS or anything that lies underneath it. There may be some sort of notification that I have to close but if so, it is underneath and I cannot get to it.

Here is an Screen shot.

Can someone tell me how to bypass the welcome screen for camera raw? I see the Camera Raw app underneath this welcome screen the correct size but cannot get this welcome screen to close

for some reason or another my jpeg will not insert.

Thank you,

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by JJMack | Most Valuable Participant

I believe you only get that welcome screen the first time you use Adobe Camer Raw or install ACR. It goes away when you click on its lets get started button never to be seen again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting Camera Raw's preferences:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y7AzupMPl0

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It has now disappeared. So appreciated!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also an easy way to get out of it is to simply click ' Esc '.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lucy5FD8 LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a life saver! I didn't have a 'let's get started' button so thank you thank you thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines