What a shame

Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a simple question. I'm not tech savy. I have CS5 on my pc that I bought years ago. Will getting rid of Adobe Flash affect it? That was the simple qustion that Adobe would not answer directly. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What a shame

Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a simple question. I'm not tech savy. I have CS5 on my pc that I bought years ago. Will getting rid of Adobe Flash affect it? That was the simple qustion that Adobe would not answer directly. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 10, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling the Flash application won't change anything, and any other Flash-based component in the other applications that works now, will probably continue to work. It's just not supported in the newer applications and components.

But generally, CS5 applications may stop working or behave erratically as you update your operating system. You are on borrowed time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 0
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)" /><!--<br>/* Font Definitions */<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:"Cambria Math";<br> panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:Calibri;<br> panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}<br>/* Style Definitions */<br>p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal<br> {margin:0in;<br> font-size:11.0pt;<br> font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}<br>a:link, span.MsoHyperlink<br> {mso-style-priority:99;<br> color:blue;<br> text-decoration:underline;}<br>.MsoChpDefault<br> {mso-style-type:export-only;}<br>@page WordSection1<br> {size:8.5in 11.0in;<br> margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}<br>div.WordSection1<br> {page:WordSection1;}<br>-->

Thanks for answering! Not certain if I update. I bought the system long before they went online only. It works even if I’m offline.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 0
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you haven't updated your CS5 applications; it's ten years old and there haven't been any updates for that long.

But Windows keeps updating irrespective of that, and at one point Windows is no longer compatible with the CS5 applications. So they may stop working at any time, which has nothing to do with Flash. That's what I meant when I said you're on borrowed time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 1
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recent versions of Photoshop work offline too – you download the application to your computer and use it in the normal way.

The Photography Plan includes the latest version of Photoshop and updates as they become available, and Lightroom plus some storage for around $10 a month.

There's a free seven-day trial available if you'd like to test it and try it out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 1
D Fosse LATEST
Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, Derek. I missed that. Photoshop still works offline, as it ever has.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2021 1