• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What color profile do I choose for a Canon PIXMA TS8320, iMac OS Big Sur

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What color profile do I choose for printing to a Canon PIXMA TS8320 (iMac OS Big Sur) from Photoshop, when I have selected "Photoshop Manages Colors"? There is a list that pops up and none of the choices include the word Canon. I asked Canon about this directly, but they said I would need to contact Adobe Support. Selecting "Camera RGB", for example, results in a darker photo with different colors than I see onscreen. I looked through the FAQ's about ICC profiles and followed the directions to find what profiles are included with the printer. Opening the Package contents and then the Rescouces folder does not turn up any ICC files. Please advise. (No better luck printing from Lr Classic.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't find any profiles called <printer name - paper quality>, then most likely Canon don't provide icc profiles for this printer. In that case you need to use "printer manages color".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually, manufacturers provide ICC printer profiles for higher end dedicated photo printers like the Canon Pixma Pro/Prograf line (Pro-300, Pro-1000…). Profiles are less common for office-type all-in-one devices; you would have to ask Canon about that.

Camera RGB is a generic profile that probably won’t help with anything.

Because the PIXMA TS8320 is an all-in-one, Canon might not provide printer profiles and if so, Printer Manages Colors might be the way to go.

For some printers, there is a full driver downloadable from the manufacturer, and a less capable AirPrint driver provided through macOS. Sometimes the AirPrint driver is missing features, but if you have installed the driver downloaded from Canon then you should have that covered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your responses. You confirmed what I suspected. So I will try printing letting the printer manage the colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines