Highlighted

what do you mean by background color in background content?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there, 

I'm using photoshop for such a long time but from past few days. I started to do a deep dive in to photoshop, then i saw this, (blue highlighted one)InkedPhotoshop_ko24YJcDv4_LI.jpg

As you can see I'm trying to create an new layer, and i saw that background color option in backgroung, I'm keep on trying to test it by creating new layers but in the end i see no difference. it just all white, any is kind enough to explain me what is that? and how it works! please

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

That dialogue does not create a new layer, it creates a new document. The part you circled allows you to choose the color of the background layer in that new document. Click on the white square next to the part you highlighted and change the color. The words will change to custom.

Dave

TOPICS
FAQ, How to, Import and export, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

what do you mean by background color in background content?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there, 

I'm using photoshop for such a long time but from past few days. I started to do a deep dive in to photoshop, then i saw this, (blue highlighted one)InkedPhotoshop_ko24YJcDv4_LI.jpg

As you can see I'm trying to create an new layer, and i saw that background color option in backgroung, I'm keep on trying to test it by creating new layers but in the end i see no difference. it just all white, any is kind enough to explain me what is that? and how it works! please

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

That dialogue does not create a new layer, it creates a new document. The part you circled allows you to choose the color of the background layer in that new document. Click on the white square next to the part you highlighted and change the color. The words will change to custom.

Dave

TOPICS
FAQ, How to, Import and export, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First change your Background color to something other than white.

jane-e_0-1600163915434.png

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jade........I just have one word to say 

Respect!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane........I just have one word to say 

Respect!

re I'm sorry I mistyped your name >< but still respect! tahanks for the help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just dunno any more 

re again thanks*

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
jane-e LATEST
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, CS.

Jade/Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much dave you are the best!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0