• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What does the Proximity Match option of the Spot Healing Brush do

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Spot Healing Tool often.  It is my favourite splat, split, splot removal tool.  I almost always use its Context Aware mode.  Sometimes, when Normal blending makes a mess, I try Lighten blending and that often helps.  I'm currently removing streaks that should be absent from streaks that should be present in a view of a whale in the ocean.  The streaks that should be present are the waves in the ocean and the streaks that should be absent are ... well, they seem to have a post development biological origin, possibly related to little fingers playing with Daddy's slides, but I'm not a biologist.  The similarity of the streaks confuses the cleverness of the Spot Healing Tool, and it often makes the image worse, not better.  I've tried other tools, such as the Clone Stamp.  Almost everything works sometimes, but nothing works reliably.  I've tried the Proximity Match mode, but its spectacularly unhelpful help tells me that if I select it, the Spot Healing Tool will work in its Proximity Match mode.  I've searched this forum and other sources of help, but all documantation seems to be very coy about what this mode should do.  I found an Adobe user manual from 2012, but that seems to be for a different product.  

Anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi check the following video hope it helps you....regards

https://youtu.be/unLw0SeCp_E

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
A good video, and answered a question I hadn't asked, but didn't answer my
question about Proximity Match. Oh. More helpful mail has just arrived.
Thanks. Bye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines