• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to Free Transform tool?

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like another creative change of key combinations. Now I just don't know what keys should I press to transform the way I've been doing all my life.

Shift to maintain the proportions isn't working anymore. This is crazy.

Adobe: Why you do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

First off: There is no »Free Transform Tool« in Photoshop.

This is crazy.

And what would you call It of someone upgraded a program but did not bother to read the »What’s new«-section of the Help?

Anyway, check out Photoshop > Preferences > General > Use Legacy Free Transform to recreate the old transform behaviour.

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be helpful when posting to  provide  your OS & AI version.

What happens when you edit >> transform?

If the transformation handles are not showing try Command H, to toggle hide status.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is crazy.

And what would you call It of someone upgraded a program but did not bother to read the »What’s new«-section of the Help?

Anyway, check out Photoshop > Preferences > General > Use Legacy Free Transform to recreate the old transform behaviour.

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c.pfaffenbichler  escribió

This is crazy.

I know, I don't have the time.

I have to say it somewhere.

Thanks mate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out »Transform proportionally by default« on this page:

New and enhanced features | Latest release of Photoshop

Anyway, a lot off Photoshop users seemed to dislike the change and ultimately it might be an erroneous attempt at implementing a long-standing Feature Request on making the »Maintain aspect ratio«-setting for transformations sticky.

But now that one can reset the behaviour in the Preferences it should not be that much of a nuisance hopefully …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cc2019UseLegacyFreeTransform.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect I find it offensive when people answer like this. There's no need to be pejorative. Just answer, or don't, but don't answer by cutting someone down. And I too complain here sometimes, and I hate it when someone gets all high and mighty and tells me that Adobe doesn't read this so it's not the place. Just answer and keep the snark and pejorative comments out of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Totally agree with this position. Just be helpful dude, and relax.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines