• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to the gradients?

Contributor ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on gradient map I get gradient editor rather than all all the normal gradients.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question.  I keep adding gradients but they don't show what they are in the left hand gradient map  They just keep piling up one on top of another.  Is there a good tutorial which explains this new feature for us soーcalled "newbies". 

Thank you

Sabina

PS.  I'm working through a "new features" tutorial on gradients and having a few problems.  This is what the guy shows on his machine 1 and what I have on mine. 2.  Something no quite right.

Sr. Sabina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe made using gradient presets much more difficult by putting all the gradients presets that before you had to append in captions that now show you when you click on gradient map. Once you click on a gradient you have to click on the gradient to get to the gradient picker. It is cumbersome to use compared to the legacy gradients and takes up more space. JKost has a video on the new gradient presets that is somewhat helpful but if you are a newbi you will have to spend time learning the changes adobe made. 
the prior legacy method was much easier to use. I spent over an hour chatting with an adobe support person before I was able to fully understand the new process. I suggest you do the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines