Highlighted

What have they done to Photshop CC2019 ?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me or is  Adobe CC 2019 almost unusable to  a professional like me ? Upgraded 2 weeks ago and its been nothing but hassle.

And by the way its nothing to do with my computer Ive talked to fellow professionals having the same issues with brand new machines

Raw files with any kind of adjustment slow to open even worse if you do any dodging burning etc ? 30 + seconds to open if you were to import with adjustments into LR 6-10secs to process.

The brush tool lags and if you are trying to work with layers and brush back its very frustrating.

Other tools seem very slow and unresponsive.

When using multiple layer 3 and more when you select a layer say for example the middle layer and you want to move it unless you keep your finger on the move tool it will jump to the top layer !

There are issues as well with the transform tool as well

It looks like they didn't consult with users before they upgraded it in fact I consider it a downgrade and have gone back to an older version of CC which I had on a time machine back up.

I'm sure there are many more issues I haven't discovered yet and yes I have been on to the support team over three days  and although they were very nice and helpful and remotely accesed my machine and did lots of adjustments and tweaks Im still not happy

One very frustrated photographer

Topics

Account management, Activation, Billing, CC FAQ, Cloud storage web assets, Collaboration, Creative Cloud, Exchange, Feature request, File sync, Installation, Libraries, New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What have they done to Photshop CC2019 ?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just me or is  Adobe CC 2019 almost unusable to  a professional like me ? Upgraded 2 weeks ago and its been nothing but hassle.

And by the way its nothing to do with my computer Ive talked to fellow professionals having the same issues with brand new machines

Raw files with any kind of adjustment slow to open even worse if you do any dodging burning etc ? 30 + seconds to open if you were to import with adjustments into LR 6-10secs to process.

The brush tool lags and if you are trying to work with layers and brush back its very frustrating.

Other tools seem very slow and unresponsive.

When using multiple layer 3 and more when you select a layer say for example the middle layer and you want to move it unless you keep your finger on the move tool it will jump to the top layer !

There are issues as well with the transform tool as well

It looks like they didn't consult with users before they upgraded it in fact I consider it a downgrade and have gone back to an older version of CC which I had on a time machine back up.

I'm sure there are many more issues I haven't discovered yet and yes I have been on to the support team over three days  and although they were very nice and helpful and remotely accesed my machine and did lots of adjustments and tweaks Im still not happy

One very frustrated photographer

Topics

Account management, Activation, Billing, CC FAQ, Cloud storage web assets, Collaboration, Creative Cloud, Exchange, Feature request, File sync, Installation, Libraries, New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yes if you feel problem in this verson you can go back to last version for your ease but now photoshop 2020 is also there try out.

Regards

Ali Sajjad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020 is still not launched - the authorised version is still CC2019 (v20.0.7)

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course a couple of hours later and CC2020 (V21.0.0) is now available 🙂

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You don't say what operating system you are using, but some have reported issues with responsiveness CC2019 and Mac Mojave. I use Windows 10 here so cannot comment on those, aside from saying I have no issues with speed or delays on my system.

A couple of points you raised:

"When you select a layer say for example the middle layer and you want to move it unless you keep your finger on the move tool it will jump to the top layer"

Go to the move tool and uncheck "Auto Select" in teh options bar

"There are issues as well with the transform tool as well"

You now hold down Shift to scale without maintining the aspect ratio. You can revert the behaviour using Preferences > General Use Legacy Free Transform

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave

Both of those worked a treat. Im on High Sierra 10.13.6 and was relucatant to update to Mojave as I had heard there were issues

Regarding the brush tool if I hold down the shift key and draw is almost instant if I do the same freehand there is  a lag

A major issue for me is opening up Raw files 30 + seconds is really going backwards

Thanks for the advice

Mark

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's doesn't help you, but it's fast and snappy here too. There's nothing wrong with the Photoshop code as such.

Slow brushes is the video card & driver. Unfortunately you can't update the video driver on Mac; it's integrated into the OS and you have to wait for an OS update. A lot of other things can also be affected by a bad video driver.

Next on the list is third-party plugins, extensions, font managers etc. Disable what you can.

Finally, resetting the preferences can't hurt. I once had unbearable delays with most of the tools in the panels. After trying everything, I reset preferences out of desperation, and poof, problem gone. Corrupt prefs can do the strangest things.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ill try resetting preferences more than likely its  a Mac Adobe issue. The brushes & all other tools work perfectly on my old previous version so I may just stick with that for the time being. Although Im a die hard Mac fan I may have to cross over to the Dark Side (PC) in the near future as I need to upgrade

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a iMac running 10.13.6 with 24 GB ram, using Photoshop 19.1.6. Putting points on a path got to be a nightmare. I'd put on 5 points and have to wait 5 or 6 seconds for the computer to catch up. Wrecked my workflow and huge waste of time. 

D_Fossie's suggestion to reset the preferences solved my problem. Thanks!! I had forgotten about this though it's something I do with my video editing software all the time.

For those that don't know to reset your Photoshop preferences: hold down the Shift, Option and Command keys when launching Photoshop. Simple as that.

When I have issues with Bridge, that reset is to hold down the Option key when starting Bridge.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We sometimes forget that the preference files contain a lot more than just the user preferences and are saved every time Photoshop closes. So if they become corrupt, troublesome behaviour can follow.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And that in turn is why prefs tend to get corrupted in the first place: they're rewritten on every exit. Errors accumulate.

Program files, OTOH, are just written once and then read only.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I reset preferences and that sorted lag on brushes

Regards Mark

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines