• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What if I don't WANT to be a part of the creative cloud how do I get just the photoshop software?

May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I do not want to be a part of this cloud stuff? I just want the photoshop software to paint with. In fact, I don't really but all the tutorials for digital painting are using photoshop which is a pain because I can't afford hundreds of dollars or a monthly subscription fee to something called the cloud. I don't want other people messing with my artwork.

Are there any other programs that work the same as ps?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

You can subscribe to just the Cloud Photography Plan for $10/month

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

That gives you just Photoshop and Lightroom. No need to touch Lightroom if you don't want it. Despite the misleading "Cloud" name, all software installs and runs locally on your computer. Adobe administers updates and activation and financial checks via the Cloud but most of that can be invisible to you.

No-one will mess with your artwork unless you give them access

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buying version 15 is 64bit only http://www.adobe.com/in/products/photoshop-premiere-elements.html

Buying Elements online is for ONE platform https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2245264

-be VERY SURE you select the Mac or Windows version that you need for your computer

-32bit download https://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Premiere-Elements-Download-Version/dp/B0153V585C

-or both https://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photoshop-Elements-Premiere-Multi-Platform/dp/B014GP8WW2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can subscribe to just the Cloud Photography Plan for $10/month

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

That gives you just Photoshop and Lightroom. No need to touch Lightroom if you don't want it. Despite the misleading "Cloud" name, all software installs and runs locally on your computer. Adobe administers updates and activation and financial checks via the Cloud but most of that can be invisible to you.

No-one will mess with your artwork unless you give them access to the original PSD files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any other paint program that is similar to Photoshop?

I can't really afford $10.00 a month for something I might not use at all that month.

Thank You to everybody for the replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

barbarah88806624  wrote

Is there any other paint program that is similar to Photoshop?

What do you want to do with this software?  Edit photographs, create original digital art? Draw comics?

For digital art, Krita is a good choice and is completely free.

https://krita.org/en/

For all round image manipulation, there is The Gimp.  It is also free, but only just reasonable for the money

https://www.gimp.org/

Keeping with Adobe, Photoshop Elements can be bought as a one off purchase, and is excellent value.  Scott Kelby once described it as 90% of Photoshop for 10% of the price.

My browser defaults to Adobe NZ with the price in Oz dollars, but I think it would work out to about US$100

Picture editor software, photo enhancement tools | Adobe Photoshop Elements 15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bear in mind that this is software used for a similar job. It isn't similar enough that you can just follow Photoshop-based tutorials, unless you've studied BOTH Photoshop AND your new software and know how to convert. Doubles the study and training needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I regret this did not answer the question or the direct challenge. Why did you dead end the design so that I have to have Adobe Cloud to use XD, for instance? Basically I want to know what is the implied arrangement we have? Are we trading my usage data and info for access to the tool? Users are concerned about data and choose to selectively install what they want. I do not want to share my data with you. May I still use XD? Do you have alink so I may lock down the cloud and just use XD? 

I am not trying to be rude but Cloud was installed on my PC as a tag along to the app I actually wanted. That gets under peoples skin.  GRANDMAS HAVE LEARNED TO CLICK CUSTOM INSTALLjust to stop multiple app installs like Google installing with Avast. This sits poorly with me as a business consumer lined up to pay for Adobe products.

The other posters have it right. The per monthly pricing models only benefits larger orgs and not small business or individual creators. On integrations and zaps alone you could eat up an individual creators paycheck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have posted in the Photoshop forum but seem to be asking about XD. You may wish to post here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-XD/bd-p/xd

Be aware that this community forum is answered by volunteer users, we don't work for Adobe, although some staff do drop by.

Photoshop CC can be used offline but does need to go online once a month to verify the subscription.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines