What is best for me?

Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A friend has been teaching me Photoshop. He uses Photoshop CS6 and also uses Bridge. I would like to buy/rent something with similar capabilites. I do not need any remote storage or any aspect of Cloud. I find the Adobe website complicated and confusing. I am unable to find a telephone number or email address which is likely to provide simple advice to a layman. Please advise what is best for me.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What is best for me?

Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A friend has been teaching me Photoshop. He uses Photoshop CS6 and also uses Bridge. I would like to buy/rent something with similar capabilites. I do not need any remote storage or any aspect of Cloud. I find the Adobe website complicated and confusing. I am unable to find a telephone number or email address which is likely to provide simple advice to a layman. Please advise what is best for me.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 30, 2020 0
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The Photography Plan would be the best option, it includes Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge and Camera Raw

https://www.adobe.com/ie/products/photoshop-lightroom/compare-plans.html

2020-11-30 13_22_18-Window.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 1
Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ged for your very quick response.
The nearest detailed breakdown I can find is on an American site https://prodesigntools.com/creative-cloud-photography-plan.html
Under the title Creative Cloud Photography Plan is for $9.99 per month (If only we could pay the same). The package consists of: -

New Photoshop CC 2020
Bridge CC
Camera Raw (ACR)
Photoshop on iPad
Lightroom CC & Lightroom Classic CC
Lightroom Mobile app for iPad, iPhone, and Android
20 GB of Cloud storage incl. online photo storage in Lightroom Web
Integration with the new Photoshop Mix and Photoshop Fix mobile apps
Adobe Fonts
Adobe Spark
Use of the new Adobe Portfolio website builder
Upgrades and updates for all included applications and services
Online video tutorials in Creative Cloud Learn
Download and use of prior Photoshop releases
Install all desktop applications on up to two of your computers

I am very surprised that it is so hard to find a similar UK list, but if the UK Photography Plan is the same then it would certainly suit me.
At present my main equipment is my 64 bit PC but I also run on my desktop a 32 bit laptop. Does Photoshop programmes run 32 bit machines? Even if it is one of the prior releases.

Regards Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2020 0
Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photography Plan is the same regardless of country, once you have a subscription the 32bit installer for Photoshop CC 2018 is available from the below link but there's no 32bit installer for Lightroom

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2020 1
Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you GED, you have been very helpful.
Regards
Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2020 1
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged and all

Well I did sign up for the Photography Plan and I am delighted with the results. The package is very comprehensive and more up to date than the version on which I was taught. One slight niggle (I don't doubt there will be more), why do I need to log in each time I use any of the elements. It's irratating and makes me feel I am an outsider trying to gain access.

Regards

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2020 0
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crrative Cloud is the general name for the whole product line. While it includes some Cloud stuff, you don't have to use any of the cloudiness.  CC2021 is the direct follow up to CS6, and the only one you can subscribe to today. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 1
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And remember that you can avail yourself of the 7-day-trial to make sure your computer can handle Photoshop before making the purchase (whichever plan and duration you decide on). 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warning, scammers may contact you privately pretending to be Adobe staff. Adobe will never send you a private message asking you to email an account that isn't @adobe.com, or use Skype. Adobe never ask you for their password. These scammers want your Adobe info, credit cards, your money and control of your computer, please take care.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 2
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And on that note it may be worth noting that offers for perpetual licenses for Photoshop CS6 may also be insincere. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 1