• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what is best way to establish average rgb value for colour with noise ?

Participant ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

created a circle selection and copied out a sample from the colour I wish to establish an average rgb value for, as its got subtle noise, so moving the pipette over it on 1 pixel sample sees rgb values altering a bit by a few units.

armed with this copy pasted sample to a new file, how do I turn it into a single uniform rgb value colour ?

If I gaussian blur it the edges start to encroach and centre goes pale. I have applied Gaussian blur a little but can still get varying values on 1 pixel sample although it has less visible 'noise'.

its only 15 pixels diameter. biggest sample I could take without getting spoilt parts with unwanted features.

Merlin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Hope, I understand you right.

Does Filter -> Blur -> Average helps you?

Works on the whole layer or in a selected area.

Or you can use the Eyedropper tool for setting the foreground color and coloring the area you wished.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope, I understand you right.

Does Filter -> Blur -> Average helps you?

Works on the whole layer or in a selected area.

Or you can use the Eyedropper tool for setting the foreground color and coloring the area you wished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can increase the size of the eye dropper so it averages the area better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Thanks for replies,

eyedropper tool is odd though as it samples screen not image, so blur>average will be the method.

warning...any white surrounding the pasted in colour will et pulled inot the mixing process on blur > average, so crop it out first !

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines