• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is difference between Photoshop New and Photoshop v20.0.7

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know which one Im supposed to update? What is the difference between the 2?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

This is the look of the screen that you are talking about, correct?

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 10.22.05 AM.png

You can install major versions alongside each other, keeping existing and known versions around while checking on the new features and workflows in the next major version. The updates for each in this case are from separate requirements aligning very closely together (new Max release & fixes needed for Catalina with previous version). You can jump up to the new major verion as well, if you want to save s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes, i have exactly the same problem! Not just with Photoshop but there seem to be various 'double' updates on the programmes, and on the face of it very little difference! This does seem a bit confusing on Adobe's part. Adobe, please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok what I ended up doing is going on the current PS, LR and Bridge (these I use) and clicking on About Photoshop or Lightroom or Bridge it shows you what you are currently on ie Bridge 9.1.0.338 so I know what to update.  I am assuming I dont update the other one that is there. 

I t would be nice if Adobe could clarify what we should be updating to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jacqueline, thanks for info. I did the same as you and this seems to be fine. Thank you, Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Maybe Photoshop New is version 21.0
Version 20.0.7 can be used together or uninstalled.
--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes could be but then put that so we know.  Just noticed if you click on the ...  it will say Versions beside the the Update button it shows  you the 2 Photoshops 20.0.7 and Photoshop 21.0 So that must be the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you normally unistall previous versions I dont remeber ever doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The new major version of Photoshop released today is 21.0.0. Here is more information on the changes: https://theblog.adobe.com/creativity-is-everywhere-now-photoshop-is-too-begin-the-journey-of-photosh...

The update to Ps 20.0.7 is for just bug fixes: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-20-0-7-is-now-available

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so I removed 20 and installed 21 is that ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I think it's better to leave v.20.0.7 until you get used to the new version.

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the look of the screen that you are talking about, correct?

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 10.22.05 AM.png

You can install major versions alongside each other, keeping existing and known versions around while checking on the new features and workflows in the next major version. The updates for each in this case are from separate requirements aligning very closely together (new Max release & fixes needed for Catalina with previous version). You can jump up to the new major verion as well, if you want to save space and just have a single application (just be aware that 3rd party plug-ins may not migrate depending on how they are installed).

More info on updating can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/uptodate.html

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines