• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is going on with COPY PASTE?

New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I select a layer. It is clearly highlighted by the bounding box. I press CTRL+C and then CTRL+V and the previous thing I copied is pasted. I try again, same thing. I stare at the keyboard and press CTRL and C to be sure I'm not making a mistake and it still pastes the previous item that isn't selected and clearly wasn't copied.

I go to the Edit menu and press Copy and then press CTRL+V and it works.

I have done this same process at least five times in this document. Each time I am absolutely 100% certain I pressed CTRL+C and Photoshop randomly decides whether to put the object into the clipboard or not.

Why in god's name is a feature from the '70s tripping up Photoshop? I just want to copy/paste objects. I'm not trying to be cutting edge here!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Photoshop starts to act "weird", a good old reset of the Preferences often solves the issue. Within the General tab of the Photoshop Preferences is the button Reset Preferences On Quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometmes just closing and restarting Photoshop will fix minor problems.

If that doesn't do it, then I agree with Michael's suggestion to reset preferences.

If resetting preferences doesn't do it, then you may need to uninstall/reinstall using Adobe CC Cleaner tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines