• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the best Adobe software to do what I need

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what Adobe product is best for my desires. What I have are pdf files that are scans from old eight-page folded brochures, spec sheets, etc. (example attached) What I need to do is open the pdf and enhance each page. Enhancements would include: sharpening the text, smoothing the edges of objects, edit inserted photos to create less dithering caused by scanning, crop edges, rotate to fit page, and after editing eight pages I would like to recreate the 8-page brochure, print-staple-and-fold. I have a limited budget.

I am best to use Photoshop, Acrobat, Publisher, etc. Response appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

First, if you want to enhance and clean up your images then definitely Photoshop is your best option. But, I would like to ask a few questions to see exactly what you want your final outcome to be. Are you trying to have the old-style look of the scanned piece? Or are you trying to rebuild the brochure? If you want the old style look, then definitely Photoshop. 

If you want a fresh and clean printable brochure, then there is a new more options to play with. First, have you tried to OCR your text in Acrobat? If you can lift the text from your scan, then I would suggest rebuilding your file in InDesign, and adding your cleaned up images that you fix from Photoshop. You will get a much better and cleaner look by rebuilding it.

If you can't OCR the text inside of Acrobat, you might try using Adobe Scan on your phone. You can take a picture of each page with your phone using Adobe Scan, and it will OCR the text and give you a file that you can use.

Let us know if that helps, or if you have any other questions.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes InDesign (with images va Photoshop) would definitely be the right tool to do this, but you would need to learn how to use InDesign. Do you have the time to do so?
The final output from InDesign would be PDF for printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines