• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the best book or DVD for learning PhotoShop quickly?

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the best resources for learning PhotoShop other than the site? Books? DVDs?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there are shortcuts, you have to put some effort and time in.

I think the Classroom in a book series are good, you get a book with step-by-step projects linked to a website that has video demonstrations: https://www.peachpit.com/store/adobe-photoshop-classroom-in-a-book-2020-release-9780136447993

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Derek. I'm looking to learn quickly, but I know it will take hard work. Thanks for the recommendations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a class... Many of us teach... I teach 2-3 day classes and get you up and running to intermediate level. It's expensive, it's a lot of information in a short period of time.  I use the book Derek mentioned. You can also try LinkedInLearning.com - less expensive and you need to dedicate quite a bit of time to watching and following along with the videos. There is always something new to learn in PS. There are other video resources out there. Classes with a live instructor give you a leg up to learning from videos later. You can ask questions and get ahead - try a community college for less expensive classes.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to take a real, in-person class, but given the pandemic,
that's not a reality. I learn better in the classroom, but self-study is
really the only option. I was planning on taking the class at a local
college, but now that's not a possibility.

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I teach online. Many of my peers also teach online. It's just as effective as being in the classroom. Depending on the number of students, it can actually be more effective than in person classes. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines