Highlighted

What is the difference betweeen Photoshop 2020 and Photoshop CC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have creative cloud, why do I have 2 photoshops CC and 2020  which should I use?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by S_Gans | Adobe Community Professional

Photoshop CC was the original version of Photoshop that came out after the CS versions were out. After the introduction of CC's, they started distinguishing versions by release year. 2020 is far more recent than CC

TOPICS
Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What is the difference betweeen Photoshop 2020 and Photoshop CC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have creative cloud, why do I have 2 photoshops CC and 2020  which should I use?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by S_Gans | Adobe Community Professional

Photoshop CC was the original version of Photoshop that came out after the CS versions were out. After the introduction of CC's, they started distinguishing versions by release year. 2020 is far more recent than CC

TOPICS
Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the latest version if it works well for you. You can delete the others, if 2020 work well. They just dropped the CC in the name. No real change other than a new version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Older versions can be useful if you need a deprecated feature or plugin that's no longer supported.  It's also good to have in the event that the upgrade doesn't work so well for you (it happens).  The point is, you have choices. 

• You can turn off automatic updates from your CC Desktop App and upgrade manually when you're ready. 
  • You can delete old versions when you upgrade.
  • Or you can keep old versions when you upgrade.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what I am seeing is I have old and new versions of Photoshop. It is odd that I still get updates for the CC version I started using, when  I guess I should delete all but the newest Photoshop 2020 and get used to it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>So what I am seeing is I have old and new versions of Photoshop.

A few years ago, Adobe used to remove old versions and leave you with just the newest version. That caused an outcry from people who were not ready to upgrade or needed older versions for old plug-ins and other reasons.

Now Adobe installs new versions side by side with older versions and leave it up to the user to decide when to uninstall older versions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 2