Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is this little box on my canvas

Explorer ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know what the little box on my canvas is and how I get rid of it?  I attached a photo and circled in red.  I must have done something but have no idea what that was.

I have hit command-0 to fit to screen and you can see that somehow it is part of the canvas and will not let me expand any further.

thanks,

Scott

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

That isn't a great user experience as there is an unknown mark on the canvas and it's not going away. 

Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop are you using along with your computer's OS?

Do you face this issue with all the files you open in Photoshop? Also, do you have a graphic tablet connected to your computer?

A good starting point would be to try restoring the preferences for Photoshop & see if it helps? See this article for reference: https://t.co/ulJI7cGn1G You may want to backup your settings beforehand: https://t.co/4dX7gkr36D

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@KeeganS wrote:

I have hit command-0 to fit to screen and you can see that somehow it is part of the canvas and will not let me expand any further.

If you mean it does not get any bigger if you increase the magnification, it probably isn’t part of the image, instead it’s probably a user interface indicator of some kind, such as a handle or object marker.

Those types of indicators are listed under View > Show. Try toggling the command View > Extras, which toggles the view of all indicators. If the unknown box disappears when you toggle View > Extras, then it’s one of the extra indicators. You can then go down the list on View > Show and toggle each until you find out which one makes the mystery item go away.

For example, if it’s a handle for a single path, it would disappear if you toggle View > Show > Target Path. Why do I use that as an example? Because I was able to create something that looks similar by clicking a single point with the Pen tool, and it becomes hidden if I disable View > Show > Target Path. (It also becomes hidden if I deselect Work Path in the Paths panel.)

Photoshop-Selected-point-of-single-point-path.jpg

When you are able to narrow down what it is, you can then delete it if you don’t want it. In my example I would use the Path Selection or Direct Selection tool to select and then delete the stray path point. But yours might turn out to be something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines