• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is this strange icon placed over my photos in Photoshop and how do I remove it?

Advocate ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to newer computer and all settings are out the window so need to re-investigate and turn off just about everything but this one has me puzzled... What On Earth? more importantly, how do I get rid of this insistant 'Pirates of the Carribbean' graphic that covers all of my photos now?

TIA,

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Hi,

This symbols is visible when you try to use Rotate View Tool. See screenshot. Rotate View Tool is located in the same spot as the Hand Tool in the Toolbar. This is visible when you try to rotate the canvas. Could you please check that this tool is not selected. May be you swicth from Rotate View Tool to Hand Tool, if that works for you.

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 9.59.07 PM.png

You can read more about this from following link

https://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/photoshop-rotate-view-tool/#:~:text=Click%20and%20hold%20with%20the%20Rotate%20View%20Tool%20to%20display%20the%20compass.&text=of%2015%20degrees%3A-,Keep%20your%20mouse%20button%20held%20down%20and,image%20to%20rotate%20the%20view.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This symbols is visible when you try to use Rotate View Tool. See screenshot. Rotate View Tool is located in the same spot as the Hand Tool in the Toolbar. This is visible when you try to rotate the canvas. Could you please check that this tool is not selected. May be you swicth from Rotate View Tool to Hand Tool, if that works for you.

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 9.59.07 PM.png

You can read more about this from following link

https://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/photoshop-rotate-view-tool/#:~:text=Click%20and%20hold%20...

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, That is interesting. First time I've noticed this and I actually like it. Thank You Charu Raiput.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome 🙂

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops... It's come back now to haunt me and as you can see... only the hand and not the rotate tool is selected.... buggy program? What is the fix to get rid of the rotate icon even when I only have the hand tool selected?

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 4.09.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press Escape to clear the view
or
Select the Rotate View Tool and click Reset View in the options bar.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As suggested by Jane, it should work for you, you need to reset View in the option bar, as mentioned in the link as well that I have shared. Still if it doesn't work for you. You can try resetting for Photoshop prefrences. But try this after nothing works as it will clear all stored preferences as well. Please read following article to reset the Photoshop Preferences. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/preferences.html#:~:text=To%20restore%20preferences%20qui...

Let us know if this helps you.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am bearing with it as it has been a wrestling match and I don't want to erase all preferences but want to move ahead. There should be no graphic over my image when just the hand tool is selected... but you can see, while I have only the hand tool selected and even tapping on the 'H' character to be sure it is not stuck still the icon is over the picture and it can be rotated while only the hand and not the 'R' rotate tool is selected. Today, after the computer sits overnight, it is behaving and I will do nothing while it is behaving. I thank you because now I know what the graphic is and what the tools are for either hand or rotate. While it is behaving I will do nothing but go back to work. Thanks for kind patience with helping me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines