• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What th' Hey

Participant ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is name of God's green earth has Adobe done to the line shape that made simple arrows?  I used it all the time.

I used to just set line thickness and end the arrrow head was on and that was it.  Now, I have to define the length and width of the arrow head (which is different for every line thickness) and it creates a dumb looking arrow on three layers.  How do I get the old simple arrow maker back?

Photoshop 2021

. Windows 10 -- Premiere Elements 2018 -- Photoshop CC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, when I create the arrow I can see it but when I change to the Background the line part disappears and all I see is the arrow head.  If I press Return while on the arrow layer the arrow & line dissappear entirely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been doing much with the new update (because Adobe still haven't fixed the GPU detect issue), but there's this from Julieanne Kost's Blog. (I've snipped ther relevant part here, but the whole thing is a good read, and has better formating 😉 :

The Line Tool­—The redesigned Line tool is now defined by 2 control points. Use the Stroke value to determining the thickness of the line.

Use the Cap Type control in the Options bar (or Properties panel) to round the start/end of the line.

When adding and arrowhead(s) to a line, use the Fill option to fill the arrowhead. Note: To create a line with an arrow head that are the same color and apply a different color stroke – use the Stroke Layer Effect

• When transforming lines with arrowheads the arrowheads will retain their dimensions (while the line is transformed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot relate to that explanation.  I don't know how she got Effects & Strokes subs to her layer.  She doesn't discuss how to prevent the arrow shaft from disappearing when you move to a different layer. 

Untitled-2.jpg

I want desperately to return to 2020 but apparently Adobe obliterated 2020 when installing 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"[Julieanne] doesn't discuss how to prevent the arrow shaft from disappearing when you move to a different layer. "

@i_am_jim ,

Are you using a Layer Style of Stroke as Julieanne describes? Layer styles stay with the layer and apply to everything on that layer. They can be moved or copied to another layer in the (right-click) context sensitive menu for the layer or with drag and drop to move (Alt to copy). See details here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/layer-effects-styles.html

Is this question about Photoshop CC or Photoshop Elements? 

@Nancy OShea 

I think your confusion was the automatic signature line, which actually says "Premiere Elements 2018" and not "Photoshop Elements".

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this question about Photoshop CC or Photoshop Elements?  They are NOT the same thing.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Photoshop to Photoshop Elements where the concerned experts will see this.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please move my post back to Photoshop where I posted it and where it belongs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's new in Photoshop and has been discussed in several discussions in the feedback forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/arrow-keys-broken-in-compare-in-light...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That answers my question.  As a result I have reverted to 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines