• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHAT. THE. HELL? PS Swatches palette was changed? WHY?!??!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get any work done in a timely fashion because you PICKLEBRAINED IDIOTS just had to mess up the most simple and straightforward part of the program. Who the hell thought 'nested folders' was a good idea to spring on us, WITHOUT A SIMPLE WAY TO CHANGE IT BACK!?!

You guys don't have anything better to do than to waste my valuable time.

Rolled back to previous version. Just. So. I. Can. Get. My. $#!#. DONE.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is a user to user forum so you're not really addressing Adobe here, you can of course post on the Adobe Feedback Forum where Adobe engineers reside

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Behave yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear ya Ted.  I agree, I have work to do and now I'm back in Kindergarten.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To both Ted and Jennifer,

Just something to consider--next time you upgrade your version of Photoshop, you might want to click the option under the Install button to not overwrite your current working version. It will install a new versoin of the program and then when all of the bugs and kinks are worked out, you can uninstall the old one. This way you can get your "stuff" done while you test the new version and still be productive. 

We all know the frustration of not being able to get to what you need to accomplish. This will help you stay productive.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the 20+ years we've been using PS, not one single upgrade turned our shop's workflow into a train wreck like this one. All because of those nested swatches. The 'change' came out of left-field and wasn't spoken about, not one blurb or 'hey, here's a new 'feature' we shoehorned in."

Thankfully we had restore points to rollback to. After that unwanted surprise, we don't update ANY of the apps. We're still furious over the lost time and money because of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ted, I completely understand. I have worked in a production environement for more years than I care to admit, and the setbacks caused by these little "surprises" can really take its toll. I am so glad to hear that you have an option to go back until this is fixed. 

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is not helpful, but I just wanted to say- thanks to you-

I now will be calling EVERYBODY I know pickle-brained idiots! Love it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines