Highlighted

When attempting to color, the brush either doesn't color over other past brushstrokes or mixes odd

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past few days I've been trying to create a digital art piece, but it soon became really difficult as my brush wouldn't color over other colors on the layer. if I wanted to change the color, I would have to erase it or color in a layer above in the hierarchy. All blending modes are sent to normal, I'm using the default brushes with the default settings, and there is no layer style. I am at my wit's end. HELP!

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

When attempting to color, the brush either doesn't color over other past brushstrokes or mixes odd

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past few days I've been trying to create a digital art piece, but it soon became really difficult as my brush wouldn't color over other colors on the layer. if I wanted to change the color, I would have to erase it or color in a layer above in the hierarchy. All blending modes are sent to normal, I'm using the default brushes with the default settings, and there is no layer style. I am at my wit's end. HELP!

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your brushes back to the default ? Incase something is in the brush setting causing the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines