• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When changing Image size 'pixels' is greyed out when i uncheck resample image

Participant ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to resize an image for the web, and need to know the exact image size in pixels, but when I uncheck resample image the option to select pixels as the size is greyed out. Is there a setting I need to adjust or change?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

It is suppose to be greyed out. Unchecking resample locks the pixel dimensions so it can not be altered.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

What is your problem? 

Do you not understand that changing the pixel dimensions of an image means resampling it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no random change in Photoshop.

And your solution is nonsense. To have the same pixelcount in a different ppi value, you just change that ppi value with resample ticked off.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems random to me. Can you shed light on why it's greyed out?

It was useful & flexible to actually be able to type in pixel counts. No biggie, just inconvenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you can. There's no need for your workaround. Between "resample" and "constrain proportions", you can do anything that's been asked for in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's frustrating how many people don't realise what the issue is! I found this thread because I'm having the same problem. When working in web graphics, PPI is not important in any way. I therefore have selected PX as my primary measurement in my units preferences. I used to be able to use the Image Size menu and type in the pixel size of the width and height. Now Image Size it displays the measurements in CM and the PX selection is greyed out. I now have to check the "Resample" checkbox, and THEN change the units, and only then can I resize the image to the correct PX size. This is most inconvenient, and it's a new thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know you did some stupid if seasoned Photoshop users have to come to this board to figure out how to resize  images in pixels! Something that was always there, easy as pie. How do I resize a 7000 pixel image down to 1080. WTF? percentage, inches, cm, guess work? for that I keep paying monthly premium prices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is your problem? 

Do you not understand that changing the pixel dimensions of an image means resampling it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines