• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When downloading a seamless pattern, let me import it into Photoshop as a pattern.

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with a lot of seamless patterns, most of them vector art. However, to use them as patterns in Photoshop, I have to load them in Illustrator, export them as a jpg or png at a specific size, then open the exported file in Photoshop, then set that file as a pattern, and THEN go back into the document I'm working on and apply those patterns as a layer style.

It'd be great if I could just right-click a stock image in my Photoshop library and choose "Convert to Pattern", and have most of that done for me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

It seems like a great idea, could you share this as a feature request here? 

Adobe Photoshop Family

This forum is monitored by our developers and they might look into it for future updates.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd like to see the ability to automatically tile Shapes in Photoshop, and still have them be vector.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines