Highlighted

When downloading a seamless pattern, let me import it into Photoshop as a pattern.

Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with a lot of seamless patterns, most of them vector art. However, to use them as patterns in Photoshop, I have to load them in Illustrator, export them as a jpg or png at a specific size, then open the exported file in Photoshop, then set that file as a pattern, and THEN go back into the document I'm working on and apply those patterns as a layer style.

It'd be great if I could just right-click a stock image in my Photoshop library and choose "Convert to Pattern", and have most of that done for me.

Topics

Contributor critique, Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

When downloading a seamless pattern, let me import it into Photoshop as a pattern.

Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with a lot of seamless patterns, most of them vector art. However, to use them as patterns in Photoshop, I have to load them in Illustrator, export them as a jpg or png at a specific size, then open the exported file in Photoshop, then set that file as a pattern, and THEN go back into the document I'm working on and apply those patterns as a layer style.

It'd be great if I could just right-click a stock image in my Photoshop library and choose "Convert to Pattern", and have most of that done for me.

Topics

Contributor critique, Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

It seems like a great idea, could you share this as a feature request here? 

https://bit.ly/2daUJ9J

This forum is monitored by our developers and they might look into it for future updates.

Regards,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to see the ability to automatically tile Shapes in Photoshop, and still have them be vector.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines