• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When dragging and releasing a layer the layer 'jumps' to wrong position

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

latest version of photoshop running on Catalina. When dragging and releasing a layer the layer does not stay in the location it was dragged to but glitches and jumps randomly a few pixels away from the intended area. Snap is turned off. I've tried with legacy compositing, I've tried diabling graphics processor, I've tried rolling back to the previous version. Nothing works.  Happens with both my mouse and my wacom.

Can anyone recomend anything else which might be causing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What else have you done for trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've done everything you have suggested here. I've even rolled back my catalina install to Mojave and started with a completely clean install of photoshop. Same problem. I have tried on both my 2013 Mac Pro and my 2013 Macbook pro, the same thing happens on both. This seems like a program bug to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was a Photoshop bug it would in all likelihood affect a lot more users. 

Just to make sure: Which exact Photoshop version?

»Latest version« may not seem nonsensical today but in a couple of months it will be … 

The Layers don’t jump back to their original positions, do they? 

Did you reset the Preferences and restart even after the new install? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently on version 21.1.1

I have just done a full reset of the preferences and restarted but no improvement unfortuantely 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you noticed any other Tools providong unexpected results? 

And you are talking about plain moving, not transforming? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be the only tool misbehaving. I can confirm its just when moving layers not transforming. In fact if I enter free tansform then drag the layer around the jumping stops. 

I've uploaded a video to show the problem. I have just stamped out a small section of an image I'm working on to move around and illustrate the glitch. You can see when I stop moving the layer there is a small jump in a random direction, sometimes larger than other times. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycfqi5gMoeA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot really make out the jumps. 

Might there be any relation to the Grid (View > Show > Grid) even though Snap To is at »None«? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this exact problem for ages now, it's driving me nuts! Everytime I move a layer it jumps back to where it was. It started after the last major update. It's not a guide snap setting as it doesn't always do it. the weird thing is that if you transform the layer and then go to move it it jumps somewhere else as soon as tyou touch it, then if you render the transform you seem to be able to move the layer as niormal again. It is definately a bug, and I keep waiting for an update to resolve it but it never does. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Guidelines-Tips-for-the-Adobe-Forums/td-p/4788157

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far? 

Does it happen with mouse and tablet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was searching to see if anyone else has had the same problem and casme across this thread, I commented to back up what Barry was saying

I am using a Wacom Intuos Pro, Macbook Pro 15" 2018, 2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, 
Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB, Catalina 10.15.6, Wacom driver 6.3.39-1, Photoshop 21.2.1. Second display: LG UltraFine 4K 23.7"

Is that enough information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem with my Photoshop 2024. Only its affecting my Text. I try to create a new text layer and as soon as i click to where i want it it jumps to a different location. Then when i try to move the layer it goes father and father in the wrong direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with a brand new Mac and the latest version of Photoshop to this date.  I am using a mouse with a bluetooth connection, but my trackpad has the same issue. Any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sebin.  It's usually best to start a new thread with this sort of issue, and esp[ecially so when the thread is as old as this one.  But now you are here:

Do you have the grid turned on or any guides active?

Try turning off Snap (Shift Cmd 😉

image.png

Or hold down the Cmd key while positioning your text layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having exactly the same issue. Nothing to do with Snap or Snap to as turned off. Driving me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn’t that the link to this site itself? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn’t that the link to this site itself? 

By @c.pfaffenbichler

It's your prior post here. You did leave quite good instructions, I'm always wondering, why people do not read the prior messages, before posting... 😉

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm... I think a few of us are guilty of that.  I tend to parse the initial post with a glance and almost never read it in full, so I often get things wrong. 😞  I was so embarrassed a while back, that made an appolgetic graphic.

image.png

I also tend to ignore long threads, and would never read through a long thread before answering.  I also ignore long (winded) posts that don't get to the point.  I guess it comes down to an investment in time spent, but if it became boring, we'd stop doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Move tool to place an object, when I release the mouse the object jumps a few pixels. If I use the Marquee tool and Free transform to move an object it will stay in place when I release the mouse. However when I then select another tool the object then jumps a few pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Trevor - I had tried that beforehand and it didn't change anything. The issue is ongoing, for many people it seems. I've done quite some research online and I'm surprised Adobe is not addressing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far?
Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines