• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I Transform/Scale/Skew a Linked PSD, "Anti-alias" is Greyed Out

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I need to use a linked PSD placed inside another PSD, duplicate that layer a few times, and scale/skew each one differently. I'm doing it this way so I can update the source PSD with a different image and the changes will reflect in all of the layers that have the linked PSD if that makes sense. This particular workflow is important as I have a ton of images that I need to export using the same exact scaling and skewing but with different images. It seems to be working great, however I'm realizing there is literally 0 anti-aliasing taking place so all of the linked PSD's are a pixely mess. When I go to transform any of the linked layers, "Anti-alias" is greyed out in the transform options. When I rasterize the layer and try transforming again, the option is then available to enable Anti-alias, however that sort of workflow will take a very long time and will defeat the purpose of doing it this way in the first place. Any ideas how I can enable anti-alias for the linked layers without rasterizing? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You wrote

"I have a ton of images that I need to export using the same exact scaling and skewing but with different images. "

This ton of images, Do all images have the same aspect ration and canvas size?

You should not have to use Place Linked to place in your PSD into your mockup template. All duplicated Smart Object layers will share the same object. Each smart object layer that share the object can have its own Transform to scale, rotate. skew, warp the object for the layers use of the object. Anti-Alias would not be available  for a smart object transform does not change the object pixels and the transform is done via interpretation method for all none vector object which does not have an anti alias option they do their own thing. So I the the Anti Alias option may only be available for places vector files .svg and .ai. If you rasterize a duplicate it will no longer a smart object layer the shares an object.  It will be a pixels image layer transform will will have a pull down menu for you to choose the interpolation method it will be a destructive transform the layer rasterized pixels will be changed.  

If all to have the same Aspect Ratio and canvas size it can be automated via a script using  Replace content for the shared object.  If all ton have the same Aspect Ratio but different canvas size, the process can be Automated via a Script and editing the  PSD smart object. where the Script will resize the replacement to Fill the PSD canvas. It the Aspect ratio are the sane it will be a perfect resizing. If the Aspect ratio is not the same as the PSD canvas the resize will be larger than the canvas. The PSD canvas will clip some of the replacements image content.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines