• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I try to move a layer with my Wacom pen, it snaps back.

New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an annoying issue when moving layers very short distances,  if I use my mouse it's fine but using my stylus the layer snaps back to it's original position. Latest version of Photoshop on OS Catalina.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue! You mentioned that you are running the latest version of Photoshop on OS Catalina. Have you also updated your Wacom driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey ya!

I'm having the exact same issue. Every time I try to move an object it snaps to a different place than the place intended. It can be a few pixels out, or 100 pixels or more in a random direction. Also, I have noticed the pink snap guides appear despite them being turned off? I've never had the issue before until a few days ago and it's incredibly frustrating! When using the mouse I have no problem and Photoshop performs as it should. I have looked high and low on the internet with no fix. 

I'm running the latest version of Catalina and Photoshop. I have also deleted and re-installed the latest Wacom drivers I can find for Intuos Pro Medium.

Any suggestions as it's making my tablet unusable in Photoshop, which is far from ideal as it's what I use daily.

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem. I've been having this on previous OS versions as well. Can't find any solutions as of yet ;( really annoying indeed... It worked fine till two days ago it started to glitch again... Looks as if my hand resting on the tablet has a bit of an influence (I have touch on off-mode). I'm using Adobe CC newest version. Wacom driver is also the latest version. As well as Mac Os (Catalina 10.15.3). I've posted the problem on the Wacom help desk. I will let you know if anything comes up! Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  I've tried getting latest drivers, restarting computer, getting latest windows updates.  Nothing is fixing it. 

Restarting Photoshop will fix the issue temporarily but then it returns.  It's only when I pan with my pen (not mouse).   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem: when using my pen the images keep snapping back, when using touch everything works as usual. Everything is updated. Has anyone found a solution to this? Thanks in advance 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi- i am having the same issue on windows- if i drag ui sliders a short distance they will snap back to their original position. on cc2019 and latest wacom drivers as of today (9/6/20). would love to have a fix- thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  I move it and have the pink lines snapping to where I want the layer. When I pull the pen from the tablet, it shifts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been experiencing the same issue for a while now too! Love to see it fixed soon or hear a solution 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it's True,   Win10  Wacom Cintiq 13HD,  I have same problem,  none of the settings fix this,

The strange thing is  if I use my mouse to transform Move a layer or selected area,   it is good,  no snaps back,

but if I use Wacom Pen,  it snaps back,  this happens when the wacom pen moves a short distance like 5 or 7 pixels,(then the selected thing will snaps back to origin postion,  this happens even with all snaps and smart guide turned off )  if wacom pen move long distance like above 20 pixels,  it won't snaps back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines