Highlighted

when I using menu or some options in Photoshop lagging not responding

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Adobe photoshop newly and when I am trying to use the menu or options lagging not responding to the application. what I need to do here please suggest.

Topics

Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

when I using menu or some options in Photoshop lagging not responding

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Adobe photoshop newly and when I am trying to use the menu or options lagging not responding to the application. what I need to do here please suggest.

Topics

Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What exact version of Photoshop and operating system do you have and what are your computer system specs

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here I am providing the details, please...
Photoshop CC v21.2.3

Lenovo ThinkPad X390
16GB RAM
Windows 10 Enterprise
64-bit operating system,x64-based processor
Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-8665U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11 GHz
GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far? 

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Guidelines-Tips-for-the-Adobe-Forums/td-p/4788157

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done any trouble-shooting so far just two days back installed and i am trying to use nothing have placed nay brushes and custom shapes. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try resetting the Prefernces nonetheless. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing is accessible if did click on the menu getting struck..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down the Ctrl + Shift + Alt keys as you launch Photoshop and you should get the option to delete the preferences, failing that you can delete them from this location

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings

2020-09-17 14_00_57-Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings.png

You may need to enable this option to see the appdata folder, or you could just type %appdata% on the Windows start button

2020-09-17 14_02_34-This PC.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines