Highlighted

When using text tool photoshop becomes very laggy.

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue in Photoshop - When I use the text tool it becomes very laggy and difficult to use. It is only the text tool inside photoshop this happens with, all other tools inside the application appear ok. Also I have no issue with the text tool in illustrator and works perfectly.

Is there any known issues that cause this problem? I haven't been able to find anything on it that has worked. I have good hardware and yes I do have addional fonts installed but I uninstalled them and still have the same issue.

version: CC currecnt version

Thanks in advance 🙂

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

When using text tool photoshop becomes very laggy.

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue in Photoshop - When I use the text tool it becomes very laggy and difficult to use. It is only the text tool inside photoshop this happens with, all other tools inside the application appear ok. Also I have no issue with the text tool in illustrator and works perfectly.

Is there any known issues that cause this problem? I haven't been able to find anything on it that has worked. I have good hardware and yes I do have addional fonts installed but I uninstalled them and still have the same issue.

version: CC currecnt version

Thanks in advance 🙂

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 08, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you run Adobe 's Photoshop FontTest script?  troubleshoot fonts photoshop  

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link i'll take a look in a bit - I rolled back Photoshop 2 versions and it significatly improved performance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a general purpose fix but have you tried resetting the Photoshop Preferences? Look for the Reset Preferences On Quit button within the General tab of the Photoshop Preferences. Keep in mind that this will revert Photoshop to it's factory settings and reset any customisation you may have made.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0