• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will Photoshop support iPhone photos?

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't have believed it, if I hadn't just seen it, but Photoshop won't open an iPhone 11 pro photo. This is an HEIC file, and it's supposed to be the latest and greatest photo format as of at least 6 months ago (not new). 

Now I have to take a screenshot of the HEIC, which opens like a champ in ACDsee Photostudio ultimate 2020. I don't know when ACDsee started supporting those photos, but they are extremely high quality. 

I prefer working in Photoshop over ACDsee, but is there a way to get Photoshop to support the format? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photsohop and OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the reply. PS 21.2.4, OS is Windows 10 home, version 1909, installed 3/13/2020, OS build 18363.1139

I don't see a last updated date, but I have it automatically update, and I know it did an update and restart in the last week or so. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines