• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When zooming and moving using the cursor, the zoom or move cannot be stopped

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a trackpad and have always zoomed by pinching and moved by sliding with two fingers. This started in the past few weeks, I think since I updated to 22.3. In the past, both zooming and moving stopped when I lifted my fingers from the track pad. Now both functions continue to whatever extent Photoshop has decided a particular gesture is meant to continue. Zoom keeps zooming. Move keeps moving. I have to guess what result I'll get from any gesture speed.

Guessing at what might change this behavior, I clicked and unclicked Use Graphics Processor and Enable Flick Panning.  I increased memory available to Photoshop to 80%. I have hundreds of GB available on scratch disks; extrernal scratch disks are connected through Thunderbolt ports.

How do I control Move and Zoom using trackpad gestures, as I have for the past decade of Photoshop use?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a late 2016 macbook pro on Catalina; 16GB of memory; 2.7 GHz Quad Core intel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and it is driving me crazy trying to get it to stop! If I try stopping and holding the gesture, or reversing it, the whole process takes even longer to conclude 😞

Can anyone help?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
My solution was to quit using Photoshop 21. I use PS 20 again now. Turned out the problem is just a bug in Photoshop 21.

I still want the problem in PS 21 addressed, but I’m not holding my breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines