• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are my 3rd party plugins? PS 22.

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started using Photoshop 22, and I come to a quick halt - my workflow includes the use of Neat Image (normally found under "Filters").

There are others missing as well.

Mark

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Adobe Photoshop installer does not migrate third party Plug-in you need to install the into each version of Photoshop when you install a new version.  The last Neat Image I updated to was 8.3.7.  When I installed it into Photoshop 2021 it works.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neat Image 8.5 is updated for Photoshop 2020. So first contact them to see if it's 2021 ready and what you must do to tranfer it over. Same would go for any filter or plugin bundled with an installer.

In one case, Vuescan plugin did not go from 2020 to 2021. I had to move the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop installer does not migrate third party Plug-in you need to install the into each version of Photoshop when you install a new version.  The last Neat Image I updated to was 8.3.7.  When I installed it into Photoshop 2021 it works.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also upgraded to PS2021 and lost my 3rd part plug in filters, Neat Image Version 8.6 now.  I upgraded and it put it in the PS2021 folder ok.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows 10: If you install the plugins to: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\Plug-ins"  Unless Adobe changes something, they should be picked up on the next upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you already have a working copy of Neatimage installed, copy the 'Neatimage(version).8bf ' file and place it in the plug-ins folder.
Folder location should be something similar to Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop2021\Plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Required\CEP\extensions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines