Highlighted

Where are my 3rd party plugins? PS 22.

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started using Photoshop 22, and I come to a quick halt - my workflow includes the use of Neat Image (normally found under "Filters").

There are others missing as well.

Mark

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by JJMack | Most Valuable Participant

Adobe Photoshop installer does not migrate third party Plug-in you need to install the into each version of Photoshop when you install a new version.  The last Neat Image I updated to was 8.3.7.  When I installed it into Photoshop 2021 it works.

image.png

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Where are my 3rd party plugins? PS 22.

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started using Photoshop 22, and I come to a quick halt - my workflow includes the use of Neat Image (normally found under "Filters").

There are others missing as well.

Mark

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by JJMack | Most Valuable Participant

Adobe Photoshop installer does not migrate third party Plug-in you need to install the into each version of Photoshop when you install a new version.  The last Neat Image I updated to was 8.3.7.  When I installed it into Photoshop 2021 it works.

image.png

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neat Image 8.5 is updated for Photoshop 2020. So first contact them to see if it's 2021 ready and what you must do to tranfer it over. Same would go for any filter or plugin bundled with an installer.

In one case, Vuescan plugin did not go from 2020 to 2021. I had to move the plugin.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Wulos LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you already have a working copy of Neatimage installed, copy the 'Neatimage(version).8bf ' file and place it in the plug-ins folder.
Folder location should be something similar to Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop2021\Plug-ins.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0