Where are my brushes stored ???

Participant ,
May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So nothing I could find will tell me where my brushes are stored. Info seems to be out dated.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davescm | Adobe Community Professional

Hi

The abr files are used for loading brushes and exporting them.

The current brush panel contents are contained in a preference file which on Windows is in :

C:.Users>username>AppData>Roaming>Adobe>AdobePhotoshop CC 2019>Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings>  Brushes.psp

Not sure where the equivalent folder is on a MAC but search for Brushes.psp.  Don't move or delete it or you will lose your loaded brushes.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found an easy way to locate the Custom Brush Library - go to the hamburger icon at the very top right hand side of the Brush palette, select 'Open Brush Library' then 'User Defined,' it should be there (was trying to find my Custom Brushes, then remembered where Custom Swatches/Patterns are stored, its the same in Brushes). BTW I am working with Illustrator 2020 on Macintosh 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would using the Brushes.psp file be a good way to maintain your brushes organization across two computers? I am thinking to make a copy of Brushes.psp on my workstation, upload it to my CC cloud storage, then back at home use the file to overwrite brushes.psp on my laptop, so I can carry on working with the same brushes organized into folders. Then if I make more changes to my brushes organization, I can send the file back to my workstation.

Is this the best way to do this? I just want my brushes organized into custom folders nicely, and for that to be shared across all my computers, and for changes to update.

Thanks. I'll try this tonight so if I don't update the post just poke me and I'll let you know how it goes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines