• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where did the German community go??

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there was a German version of the adobe community - but I can't find it no more ...

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Die internationalen Foren gibt es seit der Umstellung auf die neuen Forensoftware nicht mehr.

Wegen der unzähligen Anfragen zu diesem Thema gibt es aber wohl zwischenzeitlich Überlegungen, die internationalen (sprachspezifischen) Foren wieder aufleben zu lassen.

Weitergehende Informationen dazu habe ich leider nicht.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Die internationalen Foren gibt es seit der Umstellung auf die neuen Forensoftware nicht mehr.

Wegen der unzähligen Anfragen zu diesem Thema gibt es aber wohl zwischenzeitlich Überlegungen, die internationalen (sprachspezifischen) Foren wieder aufleben zu lassen.

Weitergehende Informationen dazu habe ich leider nicht.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are also free to post in German. Many in this forum speak German or can use the Translate function to understand the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you gener7!

I give it a chance and write some questions in German.

Of course I could write in English too. But the main problem with English forums / support is, that one doesn't know the English equivalents for function names, menues etc.. And "Adobisch" is a very special "language" anyway. Many terms in the German version are rather strange or mixed up and can't be understand without consulting the manual. E.g. ask any German, not familiar with Lightroom, what an "Erkennungstafel" is – not even the Duden knows this word. Literally trans-lated it would be "recognition-board" – is that what it is called in the English version? I guess this term would only confuse the reader, wouldn't it? Or ask a German Photographer, not familiar with Photoshop, what "Freistellen" is. The explanation he will give you, won't have much in common with the so-named tool in PS. What this Tool does is called "Beschneiden" in German.

I have much experience in using English Forums or Support for German versions of Software. It's always a real drag! E.g. Evernote is using machine-translation for the German Support. You write in German, your mail is translated to an English speaking supporter. He writes his answer in English and you receive a German translation – ooooh, it's sometimes really funny, most of the time rather annoying and to come to a common understanding it regularly takes a dozen mails back and forth. And quite often I've simply given up, because the supporters answers showed his lack of under-standing for the linguistic problems, that were hindering our communication …

Actually I've thought of installing an English version of Photoshop and Lightroom to get better support. But on the other hand, as you might have easily noticed, English is definitely not my mother tongue.

The best thing would be, if Adobe brings back the German (and whatever other languages has been dropped) forums.

Kind regards,
Conrad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hallo @ccf11,

dein Gedanke, ein englisches Photoshop zu installieren, könnte dir in der Zwischenzeit durchaus weiterhelfen.

Wenn du den Adobe Creative Cloud Application Manager (die Cloud-App) auf englisch umstellst, danach Photoshop (noch einmal) installierst, dann bekommt Photoshop in den Voreinstellungen ein neues Dropdown-Menü, mit dem du dann relativ einfach die Sprache von Photoshop umstellen kannst. Es ist zwar immer noch ein Neustart von Photoshop nötig - aber auf diesem Weg kannst du dann die Sprache von Photoshop relativ schnell und unkompliziert über die Benutzeroberfläche umstellen.

Anschließend (nach der erneuten Installation von PS) bitte nicht vergessen, die "Cloud-App" wieder auf Deutsch umzustellen.

Hier noch zwei Screenshots:

1. Umstellen der Cloud-App auf englisch

english_UI_PS_00.png

nach erneuter Installation von Photoshop ist die Sprachumstellung recht komfortabel: auswählen und PS neustarten

englische_UI.png

Viel Spass damit.

Vielleicht hilft dir das ja schon ein bisschen (bis das deutschsprachige Forum wieder vorhanden sein wird). Ich werde mich einmal kundig machen, wie weit die Pläne inzwischen gediehen sind.

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines