• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where has the speech bubble gone in Adobe Photoshop Version: 21.0.2

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just selected the custom shape tool. The dropdown custom shape picker give me folder options for 'Leaf Trees', 'Wild Animals', 'Boats' and 'Flowers' only. I don't use any of these but used the speech bubble all the time. Now that I have upgraded to 21.0.2 it's gone. Is there a way to get it back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Adobe added the Shapes Palette in PS 2020 moved Shape management from the preset manager to the shapes palette.  Shapes Palette supports groups of custom shapes and the ones you are looking for are in the legacy groups  you may need to include form the Shapes Palette fly-out menu

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe added the Shapes Palette in PS 2020 moved Shape management from the preset manager to the shapes palette.  Shapes Palette supports groups of custom shapes and the ones you are looking for are in the legacy groups  you may need to include form the Shapes Palette fly-out menu

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I doubt I ever would have found it without your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are people with a student account not allowed legacy shapes, because I cannot find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look in the Shape Palette fly-out menu?

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super big thanks to you. There is absolutely no way I could have figured this out. I am new to photoshop and was working thru a tutorial and it did not match this recent change.

Also, you don't need to have had photoshop before to access the "legacy shapes and more" and even when you get there be prepared to dig through stuff to get to it. 

They certainly made it harder.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to do above, found the legacy shapes and more but nothing happens when i click on them. Help, I need the speech bubbles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, clicking on legacy shapes doesn't seem to do anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created and account and logged in just to say: THANK YOU SO MUCH! I spent hours looking for this answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tThankyou so much for elaborating this. This was a great help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!  I seriously cannot believe that this isn't something that's included in the Shape Tool.  I've been using Photoshop professionally for years now and still consider it one of the most non-user-friendly programs out there.  Every session reveals a new frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, brilliant ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and exactly how does one find the way to this magical sounding place called the "Shapes Palette?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop 2020 menu Window>Shapes

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another stupid idea from Adobe. Many people used the speech text bubbles, but I'm pretty sure not many will use the tree, animal, boats or flower shapes. Is there a way to discard those shapes so that only the speech text bubbles appear (the way it used to be)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to discard those shapes so that only the speech text bubbles appear?

By @mcbarker69

You can manage shapes — including deleting and reordering — in the Shapes panel (Window menu).

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tack så väldigt mycket. Nu hittade jag de gamla formerna! .Det är ju för min del ytterst sällan man behöver använda formen av en chimpans eller koala. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! But it kind of boggles my mind why Adobe would bury one of the most used shapes deep inside a menu. This is where Adobe's competition gets things right, and Adobe always seems to make the simple things harder. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I have the same trouble but don't follow what needs to be done so that the speach bubble shows up in the shape choices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.. Can notfind it... how hard can they make this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @edward5C57 

If you can't find the Shapes panel in the Window menu, then tell us what version of Photoshop you have. The Shapes panel is new, and the speech bubble shapes that the OP asked about were not considered "Legacy" in older versions.

If you have the current version, please show a screen shot of what you are seeing so we can better assist. 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot see a Speech Bubble or Talk Bubble or Legacy option. I am attaching a screenshot. This is very annoying and frustrating. I used it a lot in the previous version.. Please tell me how to get it.

Nad Rosenberg

Personal email address removed by Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go to Window > Shapes

2021-01-06 14_01_39-Adobe Photoshop 2021.png

2021-02-12 14_45_23-Untitled-1 @ 50% (RGB_8) _.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Thank-you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines