• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is 16-bit option for Camera RAW 7/ Photoshop CS6

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not find the option to open camera raw files as 16 bit instead of 8, going from Bridge CS6 to Photoshop CS6 via Camera Raw. My other, older iMac with the other license,  does it and always has. This new installation on a 2-year old iMac appears to not have a control to toggle 8 and 16 bit.  Am assuming operator error and someone can set me straight.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

I am on the latest version of Photoshop. I appreciate that you are on an older setup but I believe the general idea should be the same.

Look for the string of underlined text at the bottom of the Camera Raw window. Clicking this will open another window which allows for the changing of options including the Depth.

capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

You need to click on the Workflow Options at the bottom of the Camera Raw window (see Micheal Bullo's post).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the ACR dialog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on the latest version of Photoshop. I appreciate that you are on an older setup but I believe the general idea should be the same.

Look for the string of underlined text at the bottom of the Camera Raw window. Clicking this will open another window which allows for the changing of options including the Depth.

capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

acr prefs\.png

CS6 ACR prefs, no updates available according to the updater.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the ACR dialog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The layest ACR for CS6 is ACR 9.1 https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=5918 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I have, means I'm out of luck with adobe, dinosauring again. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you see Michael Bullo's screenshot above? That's where you do it. It worked the same way in 9.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe its your cave abode. if you are satisfied with CS6 caveman use cave man tool ACR 9.1 in CS6 it only has CS6 ACR Feature and newer Cameras Support,  ACR was update for the creative world ACR is now at version 12.3 and other cavemen that left their caves are now complaining they want the 12.2 UI back. Change is hard I know....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJ, I'm all for having current tools. But that's not the issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frankly, the repetitive mocking of my gear does nothing to help me get the most out of what I have and understand the limits of what it will and won't do. I, and others with older systems and/or less experience, expect and deserve better. I appreciate those responders who provide technical answers to my inquiries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to click on the Workflow Options at the bottom of the Camera Raw window (see Micheal Bullo's post).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Took me awhile to find what I was staring at all along. All good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear you are all good now. Happy Photoshopping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines