Highlighted

Where is my text cursor

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest version of PS, when I go to add TEXT to the image, I cannot see where the text cursor is sitting on the page which hinders my productivity.. I know there is a work around to this but I really prefer to see where my txt is going to be laid down on the page.. This latest update is more of a backdade... Seems that once I have my PS laid out the way I like it, an update changes everything and slows things down or makes it worse.. slow to load, hangs up..  miserable..  ergh.. and I'm paying for this... =(

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Where is my text cursor

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest version of PS, when I go to add TEXT to the image, I cannot see where the text cursor is sitting on the page which hinders my productivity.. I know there is a work around to this but I really prefer to see where my txt is going to be laid down on the page.. This latest update is more of a backdade... Seems that once I have my PS laid out the way I like it, an update changes everything and slows things down or makes it worse.. slow to load, hangs up..  miserable..  ergh.. and I'm paying for this... =(

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you go to Preferences >Performance and uncheck use graphics processor?

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks! That did do the trick!

Cheers

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0
davescm LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK that is really a temporary troubleshooting fix as it also disables functions that rely on the GPU. If you are a Windows user, go to the manufacturers site for the GPU (e.g. NVidia or AMD) and download the latest driver (in the case of NVidia use the latest Studio driver. Once done try re-enabling the GPU in Photoshop.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0