• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the "Adjust Variations" option in Photoshop CS6?

Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I often use the Image>Adjust Variations option in Photoshop but do not see the option in Photoshop CS6. I know we are still only in the BETA stage but I am still curious. I hope it is not going to be dropped. I like to use it for quick fixes on small portions of the image every now and again:)

Thank you in advance for your help,

Christine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

As the previous post indicates, the Image > Adjustment > Variations menu item and function has been dropped in all 64-bit versions of Photoshop from day one, ever since Photoshop CS4 Windows and CS5 Macintosh (there was no 64-bit version of CS4 for the Mac).

For the time being, at least, there's no Macintosh 32-bit version of the CS6 beta, so the Variations will not be available to you in CS6 beta if you're on a Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2016 Jul 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photo Filter function is nothing like Variations. Photo Filter has also been included in previous versions up to CS2 which I still have. And very happy I do as well as other versions of this software CS4 included...still available and working great on my PC. Adobe is so lame for removing these as they were very popular and useful. Same with the pattern maker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU CAN USE VARIATIONS IN ANY VERSION, you just need to use a plug-in.

Simply download the file from the link, (Variations.8BF file), place is in "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Required\Plug-Ins\Filters "

Idk who uploaded it, or whether it's legal or not, but [it is not legal; link removed by moderator] here is the link I downloaded it from.

Its a few kB file.

I pasted the url, it automatically generated a link.

If the link above doesn't work, copy the following to notepad, Replace every * \ *   with * / *

p.s.  -   you don't need to create an account on Dropbox, find an option to download anyway on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2016 Oct 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

spiders.here; i managed to keep it working for nearly all versions, but now i've updated (more or less by accident) to the latest version, CC 2015.5.1, but I can't get it to work anymore. There's an error message when loading Photoshop now (regarding the variations.8bf file) and when clicking the feature in Photoshop (it does appear) it says "Disk Error" and does not do anything. My disk is not broken  

Any suggestions to get it working again / does it still work somewhere else in this version ? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac that directory is :
/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Adobe Photoshop CS6.app/Contents/Required/Plug-Ins/Filters

And I copied over your Variations.8BF from your drop box into that location and restarted Photoshop CS6 and it did NOT work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Variations.8BF file posted above is a Windows photoshop plugin.

Macs use different plugin coding, so the two are not interchangeable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same error, sbdy help please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately variations doesn't seem to work in photoshop cc 2015.5 or 2017, so i suspect there is nothing to be done on the user end and it was a change by adobe in the photoshop code that caused the plugin to quit working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that it is telling that it is 2021 and no "enterprising" developer has written a replacement plug-in or standalone application that recreates variations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines